What About Caneel Bay St John

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jebby

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am curious about the operation on Caneel Bay. Is it worth a dive? Does anyone have experience with this operation? Thanks for your input!

Jebby

I am not familiar with the Cannel bay Scuba Ops, my sife and I did snorkle most of the large beaches though. I had my first dive ever with Colette at www.6paqscuba.com and she was great - might be an option for you. St. John is great, you sould have a great time - we went there for a week this past march. PM me if I can give you any more info.

There is a dive operator that is out of Caneel Bay, Paradise Watersports at Caneel Bay 340-779-4999. You may be able to go through C.B.'s web site also. They do daily trips to the local dives sites between St John and St Thomas.

Jebby:
I am curious about the operation on Caneel Bay. Is it worth a dive? Does anyone have experience with this operation? Thanks for your input!

Jebby

I got certified on October 23rd and couldn't wait to put it to use. Went down to St. John in the USVIs and completed 5 dives. Did all 5 dives through Cruz Bay Watersports and they were awesome. My DMs were Rich and Trevor - both guys were great and did an outstanding job of taking us to a variety of sites and leading some really good dives.

Cruz Bay is about a 10 minute cab ride from Caneel Bay.

Good luck with your dives and let us know how they went.

If you are talking about the dive operator working out of Caneel Bay Resort (may not even be there anymore as it was a few years ago), I wouldn't recommend them. Would suggest Low Key or Cruz Bay Watersports. Both were decent when my wife and I were there.

Hi Jebby,

Caneel Bay is a beautiful place to stay, and, if you can afford it, the oceanfront rooms at Scott Bay are situated along a very beautiful beach. We stayed at a villa for a week before going to Caneel, and did all of our diving with Cruz Bay Watersports, which we highly recommend. Caneel kept us busy with all of its great snorkeling beaches, so we did not dive while we were there. We heard mixed reviews about Caneel's dive operation.

http://community.webshots.com/user/suelarhast

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom