What and where is the OC1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue and Orange are final colours? Any chance of black with red? How does one choose the algorithms and what actually induced you guys to come up with such an innovative idea? Could you explain something more about the compass feature because Suunto's doesn't work very well? Any other details? Will we be able to afford it?

will there be a software update for the vt3 and atoms that incorporate the new algorithms and deep deco stop features?

I'd be very interested in this...

Blue and Orange are final colours? Any chance of black with red? How does one choose the algorithms and what actually induced you guys to come up with such an innovative idea? Could you explain something more about the compass feature because Suunto's doesn't work very well? Any other details? Will we be able to afford it?

1. Yes - however, we're considering a "special" version as well.
2. We plan on making available information to help the user decide which algorithm may be best for them, or the particular situation. Very simply stated: The DSAT basis was developed and most beneficial for typical recreational diving - where the Pelagic Z+ will be more suitable for more advanced, deeper, or planned deco dives. Mostly, I think that it will come down to which computer/model are the people you're diving with diving.
3. More on the compass to come - you can see the displays in the PDF, which I think you would agree are very clear and user-friendly. As we get a bit closer, I'll post the manual which will give you as much detail as you can handle.
4. Pricing? If you have to ask...

Thanks for the enthusiasm - we're pretty excited here as well. I'd be happy to answer any other specific questions - and will use this thread to update you on developments as they happen.

Doug,

Thanks for coming back to us so quickly on this exciting product. I mentioned the colours because as you know many of us would wear this almost all of the time. So an "elegant" version might be a good idea. Could you give it some thought, please?

Thanks for the algorithm information. That's clear now.

The compass is going to be an important issue. It's one of the features that "S" buyers are least happy with.

PADI wants instructors to wear a compass at all times. Having to use a separate compass in addition to an expensive wristwatch style computer defeats the object.

As far as price, in this day and age we all ask.......and our customers ask!

Any chance of acquiring a prototype?

Hi All,

This is my very first post, been lurking in the background far too long.

I have the Atom 1.0 and then the other brand's titanium model with the compass for a short while. Back to Atom 1.0 and only recently upgraded to the Atom 2.0

I am very interested in the OC1 and wonders if there is any updates on launch date and pricing or the "user manual" as mentioned earlier.

Looking very forward to getting this OC1. :)

Cheers,
Timewalker

any news about OC1 yet??

This watch looks very cool. I've been googling over the "S" D-9 for a while, especially for it's cool factor, and every day titanium watch styling. Watch out "S" something US made is on its way...

I love how you've bested "S" with a custom algorithm too.

Luckily I was shying away from "S" particulary in fact to poor custormer service and a thread I saw here regarding a large numbers of failures. Non-user replacable batteries was also a drag.

A few style points I like in this dive computer are: the Orange & Titanium are reminescent of the old James Bond era Doxa's --very cool. I would be nice to pair it with a titanium strap of some sort to dress it out completely.

I like the fact that it is compatible with my existing Oceanic transmitters. And if I read correctly it can be upgraded with new firmware as it comes out -- sweet.

I can't wait to see these in person. It would be great if they could be priced so attractively closer to the Atom 2 line rather than supreme top of the line, but I guess you'll get what you pay for.

Finally, I'm excited that a reputable company who stands by their products with such a new awesome product. Doug has been a great resource in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom