What are the 10 best dive sites in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know IMHO Melissa's garden is an iconic site much like Boo Windows, but there are other sites in Indo with just as amazing if not better hard corals than Melissa's Garden. Although nice, wouldn't come close to making my top 10.

I totally forgot about Galapagos or Cocos for my bucket list. I have been to Galapagos but not for diving.

That's what I like about scuba diving. The choices are subjective & limitless. Everyone has his/her own taste of what considered great dive site is.

For those who have not been to Melissa's Garden, check these videos:

Last edited:
Number one for me (which I''ll unfortunately never do) is a coelacanth dive in Sodwana, South Africa.

the next 10 dives sites on my next dive vacation are my current top ten.

life is a journey, not a destination

last week i spotted a bulldozer shrimp, settled down to watch and discovered a second shrimp in the same hole. 15 feet later i found a pike blenny. these events are a top 10 site for me. the site was just an dveryday Utila dive site.

I think this is the video of the site/dive you mention:

One word: conditions. As in, the conditions the sea is in on the one day you spent thousands of dollars to get there.

Go to a place that matches your interests AND SKILL SET, take your time, and enjoy whatever show nature choses to put on for you.

And O yeah, don't forget to value your partner.

- Bill

Layang Layang, Similan, Sipadan, Tulamben will never make my list. The dives were ok but nothing to write home about.
Cocos Island(Costa Rica) is different story. While Tubattaha Reef in Philippines also make it together with Scapa Flow, IJN Haguro, HMS Hermes and Truk.
HMS Exeter is my top preference but probably won't make it because of cost.
Did few dives in Madang(PNG) and they were GREAT. And there are so many places to explore in that country but the cost is just prohibitingly expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom