What are the GEM Vintage regs to USE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabill

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking around Ebay the last few days, and i see some Scuba Pro mk5 for sale. So, i start digging in!

The prices are really low, i like the all metal look!

My last reg was a mk20 with a g500

How @ 100' or less would a MK5/109 in perfect shape compare?

Also, how much better (if any) is a pilot over a 109?

My thinking, i'm putting together a low cost warm water set. And i can save some
cash by getting a good mk5 & 109. I will have it checked out well before i use it!

I'm going to post a WTB now, mk5 2 hp 5 lp with a 109 balanced. In near mint condition. I know it might be hard to find, but i'm going to try!

Also, what are some others that an be had at a low price, that are very good? The Gems [:

Poseidon is one of the oldest single hose manufacturers out there. Their regulators are very rugged.

Aqualung Conshelfs are nice too.

Bill may I suggest you taking a look at the DIY forum here on Scubaboard. Most of the DIY regs information is on the older BA/109 regs. You need to remember that the second stages will probably need to be updated with new poppets and maybe a lever. What happened to your MK20-G500? That is an excellent regulator also. As many of us complain, the prices of vintage gear has increased over the past few years to the point where it is not necessarily inexpensive anymore.

There is an Aqualung Conshelf 14, that is also a metal reg. That may be a better choice because from my understanding they don't have some of the issues that the older 109s have.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Bill is not here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom