What Are The Riskiest Things In Your Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.My work.
Last month found me paralyzed from the neck down for a short time while on assignment. I've lost two friends that were doing activities that were in the realm of what I photograph. I've been in plenty of places that were calculated, but a screw up could have killed me or someone I was taking pictures of.

2. Getting to some of the places I've been to.

I don't take risks for the sake of taking risks. I've been there and done it and have nothing to prove. When I do take risks, it's for a reason - generally work related - because I love what I do. Sometimes you have to push the envelope to get the really cool shot and for me it is usually worthwhile.

1. My work...Firefighting...Hazmat Technician...Technical Rescue...in fact I just got off 100% Disability for a fracture of the left ulna on a fire call...

2. My other work :D Hay Farming...lots of things that can snag you and disable/kill you...

1. Being a Deputy Sheriff with 3 of us on for a 1400 sq mi county with 150,000 people.

2. Being a PSD

3. Own my own Recumbent Bicycle business so I do a lot of rides.

Gary D.

I drive at least 70 miles each day on I-64 from Williamsburg to Hampton each day to go back and forth to work.

I don't consider diving and flying very risky at all. Some of you may disagree, but you would be wrong.

DennisW:
I don't consider diving and flying very risky at all. Some of you may disagree, but you would be wrong.

Statistics support the view that normal recreational diving is a very low risk activity, and I think statistics would be similar for flying.

On the other hand....

I have a good friend who would dearly love to learn to dive. He owns his own business, and that business is highly dependent on his unique knowledge and skills. Consequently, his life insurance policy is very important to him and his family. His policy has only two reacreational exclusions: scuba and sky diving. If he were to die while on scuba, the policy would be voided.

As for me...

I am currently facing the prospect of another major snowstorm here, less than a week after the last one. At my age, that makes shovelling snow my most dangerous activity.

This morning my wife asked me how she looked in the clothes she had just purchased. I have been married long enough to know how to field that question, so it is no longer a dangerous activity.

Picking my kids up in the High School Parking lot - Total anarchy.
Driving the icy winter roads of Oregon - They just discovered that new invention: The Snow plow.

I do have to say that driving in a high school parking lot is dangerous, I almost get into an accident everyday there. One of these days I wont be so lucky...

Talking to my ex. No kidding I say the wrong thing (or just about anything) concerning the kids (the only time we talk) and it's off to court. :shakehead After that the next riskiest thing I do is I started representing myself in court against my ex. :D Being an attorney I know I have a fool for a client :rofl3: but I have saved tons of money (that I can use for diving) and I've been lucky so far.

Scaring the snakes and black widow spiders from the outhouse seat at three in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom