What are the water temps on March and May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering a liveaboard to the Bahamas in either March or MAy of next year and have questions about the water temps. I am assuming based on the positions of the Bahamas that the water temps are not as warm as the Carribean.

I dived Belize in March and the water was 78 and even in a 3mm I was cold. I am wondering if the Bahamas will be colder whether a dry suit would be not a bad idea. I know that a 5mm would be fine but I have a dry suit already. Would a dry suit in the Bahamas be overkill or even bordering on dorky

Thanks all

I was diving in Freeport the 1st week of May this year and the water temp was in the low 80s all week. I was quite comfortable in my 3mm. One of the divers I was on the boat with wore a shorty.

I was there in early May a few years back. Water temp was 75.
March would probably be cooler, But I've been told that it never drops below 70.

I am guessing that 70-72 after a week of diving might make a dry suit look quite attractive - even if it does make me look like a geek LOL

Chris

I am guessing that 70-72 after a week of diving might make a dry suit look quite attractive - even if it does make me look like a geek LOL

Chris

Fred, the owner of Grand Bahama Scuba wears a drysuit during the winter months.

Doesn't look geeky at all!! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom