what are these vintage fins i just got

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i just go these for cheap cause i just got back into diving. anyone know anything about them. beside they look bada$$ :rofl3:

BEUCHAT CONTACT GRAPHITE FINS

!BwUQGZ!Bmk~$(KGrHqV,!jMEv1+0Cq3dBMIWziH7gw~~_12.JPG

I had those fins for years, I don't think they are "vintage". They are not great, but they are very light and work pretty well. Eventually after a lot of hard use the blades wear out and get too soft. I wore out two pairs and then went back to jet fins which would usually last 2-3 years of hard use.

Also those clips on the side are a little fragile and you need to make sure you do not push on the clips when they are perpendicular to the fin or it will rip the little plastic circle on the fin and you will need to wire them together.

well i got them used i hope the blades are not to soft. lol that would suck

I agree with DumpsterDiver. Vintage means pre-1975. These fins won't qualify as vintage, although Beuchat will have discontinued the line some time ago. The plastic buckle attachment on either side of the fins look 1980s at the earliest and the fins simply don't look as though they're made from natural rubber, the material of choice for vintage fins. Vintage fins made by Beuchat of Marseilles were mostly full-foot, as this style of fin was preferred by Mediterranean divers of the time. Here's one of Beuchat's vintage full foots, the Espadon Record Parallèles:
thumb_1469604416.jpg

and another, the original full-foot Jetfin, before Scubapro got their hands on it:
jet3.jpg

sorry about miss posting guys. i just got a set of XL jet fins so i try to be as cool as all you guys :cool3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom