What are your primary worries as a solo diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
Lots of the entries/exits here are very rocky with surf/surge. I could envision getting beaten up a bit if conditions worsened while in the water. A buddy would not prevent that, but if one member of a buddy team got jacked up, there is the possibiity of immediate help.

I have little to no concerns diving solo while in the water but can envision getting pounded on an exit or entry and needing some assistance. As you state a buddy couldn't stop the initial pounding they could assist in getting you out of a pounding.

The only real dive "accident" I had was blowing out a knee on a rocky entry. Thankfully a couple was bird watching nearby and assisted me off the rocks and back to my car. I could have gotten up myself after getting my equipment off but much of my equipment (camera and all gear) might have gone out to sea without the assistance.

DSDO

Alan

Back
Top Bottom