What BCD would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BC...get the one that will fit you the best.

Now for the back plate and wing. No brainer.

haha im just confused as to what kind of gear i should get because i dont want to be let down.....i wnat something quality.

I have both wing and BCD
The bc will make you feel at ease on the surface,the wing makes you feel like your falling foward on the surface.
The Bc underwater wraps around your front which is not as comfortible as the wing.
The wing is alot less restrictive.
The reason i like the Jacket style BCD is for its safety factor.
if you would pass out on surface for any reason,the Scuba pro classic fully inflated will keep you uprite.
Your head will not go down into the water.
I can not say the same for a wing type,if you feel like you are going to fall face down with it while you are awake what would happen if you are passed out?
This is one reason why inflatable bc's jacket were invented.
before that there was just Back plates.
When Scubapro came out with stab jacket it also had an emergency co2 cartridge to inflate jacket if you sensed you were in trouble,i think you can still get it on new jackets.
There is no question wings are alot more comfortable , but there is no question that the stab jacket stye bcd is safer!

haha im just confused as to what kind of gear i should get because i dont want to be let down.....i wnat something quality.

Seriously. Do a search on the boards. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. There are pros and cons to both. You need to read read and read some more. You will find excellent advice if you look on the board.

Lifetime warranty on a B/C is rather meaningless since they only last about 3 to 5 years anyway.
Say what? :11:

Take care of them and you'll easily get 10+ years.

Hey I too was there, undecided and unsure and I'm sure many on this site can say the same. The way I over came this decision was doing a lot of research on my own through reading and questions posted here. For sure if you had a dive shop that would let you try some different ones out that would be the best scenario by far.

Do the research and go with a gut decision based upon that research and I sure you will be happy with the purchase. just my two cents... by the way I went Zeagle Brigade from Scubatoys.com (great place to buy from)

Zeagle is a great company, I dove them for years and loved it, it is essentially a BP/W minus the BP. it has a soft back which is good to allow single/double conversions and for ease of packing/travel. Although I was not completely happy with the trim, as I was never really able to get a trim that I really liked.

Knowing that I hated Jacket Style BCDs and was not a fan of BP/W, I found the Aeris Atmos XT. it has a hybrid air cell that give the stability of a Jacket on the surface and the comfort of a back inflate u/w. They have now upgraded the wieght pockets on the XT and are calling it the LX. Otherwise it appears to be the same BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom