What brand of diaper for dry suit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed66

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the best brand & style to get. I went to the depends web site but I don't know what would be best. I am going to get a Dive Rite p-valve put into my DUI TLS 350 but my shop is a little backed up so I am looking for a diaper to fill in for the time being. Thanks

That's just wrong...

Besides you think anyone on here who has gone that route would want to discuss it on a public forum. IMHO I wouldn't risk the chance of an "accident" in that nice of a suit. I say hold it- or wait for the vlave
Ed66:
What's the best brand & style to get. I went to the depends web site but I don't know what would be best. I am going to get a Dive Rite p-valve put into my DUI TLS 350 but my shop is a little backed up so I am looking for a diaper to fill in for the time being. Thanks

Buccaneer:
That's just wrong...

Besides you think anyone on here who has gone that route would want to discuss it on a public forum. IMHO I wouldn't risk the chance of an "accident" in that nice of a suit. I say hold it- or wait for the vlave

Nice attitude. It's not "wrong" it's a fact of life. And I'm sure he'd rather have a soiled suit than get bent because he was dehydrated.

Ed - I don't know the answer to your question. But a p-valve is a relatively simple process to do yourself. I was worried about installing mine until I watched my LDS install it. Next p-valve I'm doing myself - piece of cake.

But - why the DR valve? Aren't those huge, heavy suckers?

Boogie711:
Nice attitude. It's not "wrong" it's a fact of life. And I'm sure he'd rather have a soiled suit than get bent because he was dehydrated.

Ed - I don't know the answer to your question. But a p-valve is a relatively simple process to do yourself. I was worried about installing mine until I watched my LDS install it. Next p-valve I'm doing myself - piece of cake.

But - why the DR valve? Aren't those huge, heavy suckers?

I was going to get the Dive Rite valve as this is the only one my LDS stocks, the valve is $180 and they get $20 to install it. I need something as I am the type that has to go as soon as I hit the cold water. I will see if they can put one on before this Sat. Thanks

Ed66:
I found this on e-bay seems to be the exact same thing and a little cheaper too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1300&item=3674903095

Send scubanarc on this board a PM. He has valves identical to Halcyon for half the price. I have one of his and a Dive Rite. The DR is too heavy for a light suit like the TLS-350, although it works well on a suit that has heavy material. If you get it anyway, you'll have to be careful to not cut your suit with the valve.
Also, getting something because "its the only thing your LDS carries" is not a valid reason for buying something.

MD

MechDiver:
Send scubanarc on this board a PM. He has valves identical to Halcyon for half the price. I have one of his and a Dive Rite. The DR is too heavy for a light suit like the TLS-350, although it works well on a suit that has heavy material. If you get it anyway, you'll have to be careful to not cut your suit with the valve.
Also, getting something because "its the only thing your LDS carries" is not a valid reason for buying something.

MD
I was going to go with my LDS because I didn't like the thought of doing it myself, but after looking at the link globaldiver posted it seems pretty easy. The Dive Rite ones did seem pretty heavy to me almost like they would pull the suit down. Thanks Ed

Ed66:
I was going to go with my LDS because I didn't like the thought of doing it myself, but after looking at the link globaldiver posted it seems pretty easy. The Dive Rite ones did seem pretty heavy to me almost like they would pull the suit down. Thanks Ed

The only trick is getting the location squared away for what works for you. Be sure to include your undies in the planning. A quick disconnect fitting in the plumbing also helps once you have the valve installed.
Although the DR/OMS valves are excellent, they are NOT cost effective when compared to Halcyons, or especially Jamie's. And they are hard on light material like the TLS trilam.

MD

Back
Top Bottom