What can you tell me about this stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's good to hear. I guess the thing I like best about that bottom timer is the analog display. One glance and you instantly know where you stand even if you can't clearly read the numbers (aging eyes...haven't found the best U/W solution yet). I have started to change all of my instruments to analog...depth gauge etc. for that reason. Still carry the computer but I refer to it less and less these days...especially on those single tank days.

Aside from my "aging eyes" I also find it confusing when something digital has several rows of numbers and I have to stare at it to determine which numbers I'm supposed to be looking at. I think it's time for someone to come out with a line of Grumpy Old Divers gear.

Aside from my "aging eyes" I also find it confusing when something digital has several rows of numbers and I have to stare at it to determine which numbers I'm supposed to be looking at. I think it's time for someone to come out with a line of Grumpy Old Divers gear.

Yup....I agree. There is general stuff for grumpy old people:

or

Time for some diving gear!

Maybe the AARP will have some influence on this issue. I would like to fine analog gauges with bigger numbers but not real bulky. I have a +3 bi-focal in my mask, so the numbers would have to be BIG!

Use Awap's trick-lanyard a magnifying glass to your hp hose.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom