What do you do with your drysuit during boat ride back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. So how do you put them in the drysuit? You just hang them with the strap provided inside the suit one in each leg? I use one of those hangers with built-in fan I leave blowing inside the suit over night. Works pretty well.

I have a HangAir as well. But, that never seems to dry the inside of the boots/socks very well. Presumably because there's no outlet down there, so the air doesn't really move much down inside the boots.

So, I hang mine on the HangAir with it blowing on Hi and the main zipper open just a little bit, so the air moving inside the suit is not ONLY going out the arms.

I drop the Seaskin suit driers down inside each boot and just make sure they're all the way down inside the boots, to the toe of each boot. They do have buckles to attach them to straps, but I don't use those. Mine did not come with a strap to connect to those buckles. I guess a strap would make it a bit easier and more convenient to pull them out when done....

When I dive in Canada, we wear our suits the entire ride. At home, we hang them on racks on the Giant Stride dive boat, or when diving from our own boat, we shower with the suits on and then hang them from fishing rod holders. Once in the slip, we hang them inside with an air dryer and two dehumidifiers running.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom