what do you wear under...under your drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always figured that if someone wanted to come all the way up here to my island in the middle of nowhere to get me, it wouldn't be stalking - it would be flattery!:D

Seriously though, I really wasn't worried Amanda.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - I will check into all of them.
I am sure I will find something that helps. There is nothing (well almost nothing) worse than being uncomfortable during your dive!

Oh and BTW, how's life like in Alaska ? I mean, is there as cold as the mental image I have ? Where do you dive ? Do you have that polar winter/ summer ?

Mmmm if you wanna take that to PM, no problem, it is a bit off-topic :) .

1) Fit is primary. You need to get a bra that gives you the best comfort & support for your particular activity.

2) It's not so much what the sports bra is made from, but what it is LINED with. The fabric that comes in contact with you must be made from material that wicks moisture away from the skin.

For example, the Polar bra I refer to is lycra, but is lined with CoolMax. Lycra itself, like cotton, does not properly disperse perspiration, so it really needs something else to do this job. Hence the use of CoolMax or other similar cloth.

Here is a link to REI that shows some of the sports bras that are available: http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?stat=7889&langId=-1&storeId=8000&textQuery=bra&x=24&y=15

As for the Polar bra, it can be found here: http://www.polarusa.com/cgi-bin/store/web_store.cgi?invoice=3100514&cart_id=2185058_1520

Again, I use the Polar under my drysuit because I already had it to use with my heart monitor while I bike. It may not necessarily be "the best" sports bra for you.

Bonne chance,

~SubMariner~

of the two piece variety with a sports bra kind of top. I have heard that about the wicking, though - my next layer does, but not the bathing suit. What would you wear on the bottom with the sports bra arrangement?

Nike makes a couple of nice sports bras in their Dri-fit line, you can usually see them on the website.

I have found that I like the sports bras with very wide straps, they are more comfortable- no "digging" into the shoulders. (The Nike ones are my fav.)

Submariner - that Polar one looks pretty great! I might have to place an order. In the meantime, I think the local sporting goods store carries Nike stuff, so I will check out chickdiver's suggestion.

Amanda (my sister's name btw) - it is pretty cold up here right now, and I am in one of the warmest places in Alaska. Things are starting to warm up though - I just checked, and it's 16F/ -9C. I think all the plants in my garden have bit the dust! Bummer.

seakdivers once bubbled...
Things are starting to warm up though - I just checked, and it's 16F/ -9C.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :eek:

seakdivers once bubbled...
it is pretty cold up here right now, and I am in one of the warmest places in Alaska. Things are starting to warm up though - I just checked, and it's 16F/ -9C. I think all the plants in my garden have bit the dust! Bummer.

Hmm, it is not that bad - we had -9C in Toronto yesterday. We are much closer to the South I guess. The last ice diving was done with -15 + windchill. 5 minutes from the water and you can't move - you are frozen :wacko: (it's not that bad actually - ice is a natural windbreaker). Sorry for entering the women's thread.:rolleyes:

On the bottom I just go with regular panties, preferably ones with flat elastic so the drysuit doesn't grab them and leave "hickeys."
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom