Question What does your dive locker look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting! I definitely want to look into this. I have been storing them horizontal since I haven't had the chance to make a hanging setup yet. I thought the idea of hanging them was to use gravity to pull moisture away from the first stage, which is where you really don't want water ingress. But I didn't consider what that means for the second stage...
I have always hung mine coiled too or at a minimum, bring my mouthpieces a bit up from the hanging position and slip them into arm holes of bcd or something.

I've been doing that because I don't like my regs hanging off the first stage and for the protection of the mouthpieces (so they're out of the way).

It's interesting if I've inadvertently been doing it right for a wrong reason. 😀

I'm over a year into a rest of life dive locker build with repairs exceeding build so not much to show right now

009.JPG

But the last domicile intertwined really well, with my particular nuance
The current most used stuff in the current most used stuff department

and do not use dustcaps
unless you have got dust

Looks good! Yeah, you definitely don't want the cat to decide it's the new toy! For regs, lights, computers, etc. mine all go in the drawers of the tool bins in my photos.
Some of my items such as those stay packed in my luggage. 😄 my masks are always kept in the case they came in or a spare case, if it came without one. My computers are also safe if their case. My wetsuits and other protective gear and bcd are hung on proper hangers after a really good wash/rinse, until it's time to return them to their place in the suitcase. Woohoo

I'm over a year into a rest of life dive locker build with repairs exceeding build so not much to show right now
LOL……. Isn’t that the case for most every diver?

Equipment is always changing, morphing &/or being replaced and likely getting bigger? Thus implying ones dive locker (for the same), always seems to be inadequate and needing a change. To help, there are some good ideas in this thread.

Some I’m considering…… (what about you?)
- Garden hose rack for regulator storage
- Suit hanger rack that can be pulled up to the ceiling
- A secure metal cabinet for high value items for organization and storage (I’m thinking it would be nice to add some venting and fan assist.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom