Question What does your dive locker look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As loud as it is your neighbors will hate you, your gf will leave you.. plus it's in about 75 different pieces right now!

I do miss my own compressor and banks, the neighbours not so much, never a complaint [that I know about].
I am on the look out for a new one.
Go to a hardware store, and get those 8ftx4ftx1ft foam panels. The R5 pink kind used for insulation. They're about $20 to $25 each Place a few of those around the compressor. It's relatively easy to work with, inexpensive, and relatively sturdy. To improve the design, you can cut positive/negative notches into the panels to make them fit together somewhat like Legoes. A hot-knife helps a lot with cutting, or if you have only a small project you can use an ordinary knife heated with a torch or similar heat-source, or a serrated knife or saw or jigsaw or oscillating tool if you're feeling lazy (though the results are less clean).

Look up "foam camper build" on youtube to get some ideas of some of the more advanced stuff people do. And if you have lots of free time, this series is long but goes through even more advanced stuff you can build with mostly foam.

I've been meaning to build a tank-holder for my trunk out of the stuff. The main obstacle is just getting my butt out of the house and to a hardware store to get some more foam.

My wife and I are new to the hobby, having just got our first certifications and gear. Our locker is a Seville roller cabinet, and fits both of our setups quite nicely
IMG-3036.jpg

One good idea we had is a pully system for hanging cleaned gear to dry, letting you start down low where it is easy to hang, then pull it up to the rafters to dry. Heavy duty BC and wetsuit hangers will be in this week.
IMG-3034.jpg

IMG-3038.png

Just re rubberised this old beauty inch thick EVA

026.JPG

It's not loud as it is, be brilliant when I get to fit the soundproof box back around it

022.JPG

Have a look at belt alignment, how it originally came, straight from the Bauer shop

002.JPG

Some massaging later

092.JPG

and the reward

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 40
fits both of our setups quite nicely

Mate you can't be havin your gear all squashed up unable to breathe rotting away in body bags in some coffin

Whether you think you dried it or not

Mate you can't be havin your gear all squashed up unable to breathe rotting away in body bags in some coffin

Whether you think you dried it or not
I’m new and all ears happy to learn, at what point can gear go in a mesh bag, or does it need to be stored hanging until the day of a dive?

@BlackLagoon, I prefer to keep my exposure suits hanging up (on the thick wetsuit hangers) until I'm ready to pack them for a trip.

I’m new and all ears happy to learn, at what point can gear go in a mesh bag, or does it need to be stored hanging until the day of a dive?
Hanging
Your bcd with air in it.

@BlackLagoon
Fins hanging freely or sitting on footpocket leaning up against a wall, never on their tips.

For your odds and sods, you'll be better off with something like milk crates (which I've seen used for gear but I find them a bit too small).

Hooks on the wall for your bags. Or hang them on a heavy duty coat rack.

Is your locale humid or arid or ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom