WHAT: Florida Cave Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlessard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
WHEN: Saturday November 7th through Saturday November 14th, week after DEMA

WHERE: Marianna, Florida - Hole in the Wall House on Merritts Mill Pond - home of Jackson Blue, Hole in the Wall, Twin Cave and several other sidemount caves with great support and boats from Edd and the gang at Cave Adventurers
http://www.holeinthewallhouse.com/
http://www.caveadventurers.com/

WHY: For some fantastic cave diving!

HOW: By road - but if you want to fly in and arrange ground transport with us, hey - let's do it!

Howdy fellow Swampers - David Moore and I (Trey Lessard) are hosting a fun trip to Florida for some world class cave diving. We have reserved the HITW House for a full week. There are 3 rooms and 9 beds arranged as 1 full/2 single per room. We will be renting boats from Cave Adventurers and will also be day tripping to the High Springs area if you wanna load up in your truck for a short drive (Ginnie Springs, Peacock Springs, Cow, etc).

The house has a billiards table, full kitchen, and washer/dryer. I cook, so we'll pool monies for some tasty meals - or you can eat baloney-in-hand if your budget is tight. You'll need to be a minimum of Cavern certified to dive on the Mill Pond - if you want to get certified on anything up to Full Cave and beyond, we'll see what we can dig up for you! This is Florida, land of cave diving after all!

All costs - house/activities/boat rentals/food/gas - will be split evenly between participants according to use. IE - if you share a boat with 3 other folks, you split it 4 ways - if you ride along in someone’s truck with 3 other people, you split gas 4 ways - if you decide to swim across the pond to HITW cave, eat PB&J, and play billiards all week - you only owe us for your part of the stay at the house - no problem!

Feel free to post questions and PM for more details!

Thanks, Trey

Trey what are you entering that cave for with just a single tank...? :eyebrow::D

Not a snowball's chance in hell, Alan - double LP108s pushed to insane fill pressures, 2 AL80 stages, 2 deco bottles, maybe a scooter, etc. I'm not taking a knife to a gun fight buddy! :)

Not a snowball's chance in hell, Alan - double LP108s pushed to insane fill pressures, 2 AL80 stages, 2 deco bottles, maybe a scooter, etc. I'm not taking a knife to a gun fight buddy! :)

That a boy!!!!! :)

Was just pulling your leg anyways..........

OK, gonna start an early rumor here - German may be joining us! Cyndi and I have offered to cover his part of the rental and he has tentatively accepted. He is checking to see he can get the dates free. If he does come, he said he is willing to do some classes. This may be your chance to get some training from German in the states! :)

OK, gonna start an early rumor here - German may be joining us! Cyndi and I have offered to cover his part of the rental and he has tentatively accepted. He is checking to see he can get the dates free. If he does come, he said he is willing to do some classes. This may be your chance to get some training from German in the states! :)

No way, freakin' cool.

Considering I'm just now coming back to the real world and must now find a new, full-time job, it's doubtful I'll be able to swing the $ / time off needed by then.

Otherwise I'd be joining ya'll for sure.

That said, I do have a free round trip airfare unused and could possibly reserve that week in advance of an employment offer... Hmmm... just need a job quick and some creative financing... dream on I think :shakehead:

If we end up with 10 people in the house (we already have 5 with German now), the rental rate is only $100 ea for the week - you can panhandle that right here in hippie town buddy! Throw in $50 worth of PBJ, a little to/from airport and equipment carrying gas money, and you're set! German would love it if you and John were along for the trip!

Yeah - I'm working on that! Anybody got a UV-26 or a Gavin Standard for sale? :eyebrow:

Edd @ Cave adventurers has scooters for rental and usally has 1 or 2 used ones for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom