What gear to bring to Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
headed to costa rica (playa hermosa, guanacaste) region, will probably only do 2 days of diving, local diving not bat, or catalina. what dive gear should i bring.
i will definetely bring skin, 3mm shorty, mask/snorkel, should i bring bootys/fins also. i was thinking of renting everything else, especially with the strict baggage restrictions now. traveling for 8 days only diver of 3, 2 are kids.
do i need to bring knife also, as i dive on the east coast its required.
not sure about costa rica.
any other suggestions/comments are welcomed
thanks

I'm presently in Playa del Coco, CR. Today was day #1 of 5 or 6 days of diving. I was very comfortable using my full length 4/3. Several folks were diving in shortys, and no one complained about being cold. According to my computer, water temp ranged from 81 - 83 degrees. Viz was 40 - 50 feet. I brought my dive knife in my checked baggage. Had no problems clearing Customs, but they did ask me to open my large suitcase for inspection. Hope this helps.

I'd grab booties and fins, if I were you. A knife is not required. Have lots of fun. So wish I were going to be in your fins :)

Back
Top Bottom