What gear to you carry down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was weird---it hung and then double posted---hmmmm. Sorry.
N

Bare drysuit
Ranger BCD
SPG/depth console
DR 2500ICE reg, backup on necklace
1 mask
1 set fins, on feet
1 snorkel (and I use it all the time)
Slate on d-ring (which I mainly use to record pressure when I surface)
EMT shears in BCD zippered pocket
Safety sausage in same pocket
Storm whistle in same pocket
Small camera on retractor
Suunto computer

So far I have only done beginner's shore dives. I don't have a need for 3 cutting tools and backup masks. I have a finger spool which I bought as it was a deal, but since I don't know how to use it I don't carry it. :)

BC:Tusa
Mask: Tusa platina
Fins: Tusa X-pert Zooms split fins
Wet Suit: Henderson Hyperstretch 3MM
Reg: Tusa xpert with Tusa octo
Knife: I have no Idea the brand but it is a flat nose
Comp: Tusa computer
Tank: Hp steel 90
Optionals: Whistle, Dive alert, and signal mirror

This is so funny.

Having seen many of you post in the BCD forum advocating BP/W's with Hog harnesses as the only way to go. Advocating the minimalist approach. Claiming it's the best way to streamline. Advocating they are the best way to reduce drag and on and on.

Now, reading the lists of stuff you carry down with you is side-splitting comical. No wonder you need a bp/w with a hog harness.

Don Janni:
This is so funny.

Having seen many of you post in the BCD forum advocating BP/W's with Hog harnesses as the only way to go. Advocating the minimalist approach. Claiming it's the best way to streamline. Advocating they are the best way to reduce drag and on and on.

Now, reading the lists of stuff you carry down with you is side-splitting comical. No wonder you need a bp/w with a hog harness.

Who are you referring to? Perrone Ford? He dives caves I think. He probably has to bring all that crap with him ... well, that's if he wants to come back out.

Can't be talking about Nemrod. He doesn't even look like he has a rig on.

Yeah but the beauty of it all is if you were to look at one of those rigs you'd never know how much stuff was packed into them. It is actually streamline if set up correctly. Rather have 2 of something and not need it, then need something and not have it. When things unwind they tend to do so rather quickly

Nemrod:
A picture is worth a thousand words:

DSCF0103-1.jpg

OMG...and did you notice....Nemrod is MOF.....he is obviously in distress......someone please help the poor man:rofl3:

But, seriously if only all of us could dive so unencumbered.:thumb:

Reg-Atomic Ti1
Octo Atomic
BC Oceanic Oceanpro fx
Comp.Oceanic proplus 2
Citizen watch
fins Oceanic V12
mask what ever I can find
suit dry/shell+undies+drygloves
weights-bright weights
light UK lightcanon 100/saekodive AL10
backup-Peli sabre
knife(sometimes)
SMB/fingerspool
buddyline(never thats for the dog):D
Sparemask when solo
pony when solo

so thats about it.

Oops forgot, students most of the time :rofl3:

eekk... I'm trying to post as me and the SO is still logged in! Darn it!

I am not sure the thread was minimalist vs maximalist (lol), the OP just asked what is brought down for a dive by posters. In regards poking fun at PerroneFord, he is a cave diver. What would be considered minimalist by a cave diver is not minimalist for a guy like me diving in a lake but trust me this---if I took cave diving up again (forbidden by she who is master) then I would be carrying everything Perrone has and in exactly the same way he does it. I am pretty sure he does not bring extra junk along just because he saw it dangling on the LDS "Buy This Stupid Junk Please" rack. I think there is some thought behind it.

My standard rig:

1) A)Phoenix Aqua Master with Tekna or Conshelf octapus on 40 inch swivel hose or B) Aqua Lung Legend set, 40 inch swivel hose.

2)Hammerhead plate and I will be experimenting with a beautiful new plate from www.pacificcoastmarine.net (wow--it is amazing)

3) Mach V wing or SeaTec horsecollar BC

4) Tekna knife on left waist strap

5) UK penlight on rh shoulder D ring and strap

6) Ikelite minilight clipped on right hip where a can light would be (optional)

7) ScubaPro SuperJets

8) Bare or Body Glove 3/2 or 5/4 suits

9) Tekna 0-240 analog guage and USD spg in mini ScubaPro console on 26 inch hose with Princeton Tectonics analog mechanical timer,clipped off to left waist D ring. Possibly augmented this year with an Aeries Atomos 2 computer (optional) on left wrist.

10) sausage and spool and sometimes a mirror and whistle and mini Navy Tables tucked away (can all go in small mesh carry bag I clip behind me if using Mach V wing) or in pocket of SeaTec horsecollar BC

11)compass on right or left wrist (semi-optional)

12) Seiko Orange Monster watch on left wrist

13)Tekna DV3X super scooter (optional as neeed)

14) Glock for sharks--lol--(just kidding--really)

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom