What happened to the ABC Islands forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like it's now a sub sub forum so it doesn't even show up on the forums list. Underneath Lesser Antilles, which may be technically correct but I doubt most people will think to look there for them. Just like it seems Cayman got moved under Greater Antilles.

It's Florida all over again. Geez.

El Orans:
Don't see any consensus there on what should happen, except maybe agreement that a few new forums would be useful. I do see comments that Cayman is not really thought of as part of the Greater Antilles. And that it would be bad to bury some of the most used forums (Cayman and ABC) so they don't show up on the forum screen while someplace like Bermuda does. I don't think most people normally think of the ABC islands as part of the Lesser Antilles either, again even if it's technically correct.

Maybe rearrangement of stuff in or frequented by North Americans or Carribean folks should be done by someone from those places who might have a more local view of the way people really think of these places, rather than by someone far away looking at a map...

Consider me a fuddy-duddy, but I like fewer sub-forums. I don't think to go to every sub-forum there is so no doubt I miss some interesting threads. Everything under one general heading as it is/was and I'll find them all and pick and choose what interests me.

Either way, still a great site that gives me tons of enjoyment.

Yeah, I finally found it. That's too bad that they moved them, since both those places are popular sites.

This is a cluster! I come back from Bonaire and this is what I find. The ABC forum had focused questions on specific destinations. The nice part was that a thread could linger near the top long enough to get some good contributions.

Pete

spectrum:
This is a cluster! I come back from Bonaire and this is what I find. The ABC forum had focused questions on specific destinations. The nice part was that a thread could linger near the top long enough to get some good contributions.

Pete

hehe, same happened to me. I came back from Bonaire, and thought ABC was gone. 30 seconds and I did find it but eeek! Good thing I trusted a Dutch would not abolish it altogether :D
And it's a good thing I knew about Bonaire before this happened because it can be a bit hard to figure the locations out if you are new to the Caribbean.

P.S. Where is YOUR trip report? Did you put it on wrong forum???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom