What if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If half the idiots who claim to have been SEALs were telling the truth, the SEALs would be the biggest (and least competent) unit in the military.

I say again, the idiot will eventually shoot himself in the metaphorical foot.

It is a feature of life. I meet lots of people who claimed to have attended Oxford University. When I say, "Great! Which college were you at?" and they say, "Uh, Oxford." "No, which one of the 38 constituent colleges of Oxford University did you attend?" "Uh..." It's not quite the same as claiming military service, but still the same lack of personal esteem that causes people to make stuff up because they think it makes them sound impressive.

Plenty of people on SB who claim to be trained divers, but I am not sure that the content of their posts support their claims...

Who would really want to claim to be a Marine anyway ? GO ARMY !!!! ok..I'm prepared for all the comments..ha ha

If half the idiots who claim to have been SEALs were telling the truth, the SEALs would be the biggest (and least competent) unit in the military.

I say again, the idiot will eventually shoot himself in the metaphorical foot.

How do you know it's not?

I tend to think those that advertise and make big public spectacle about having been in the military never served or served dishonorably, the overwhelming majority of those who are serving or served don't need to advertise it.

I always remember a quote from an old movie "If you know someone don't lie to them, because you'll only hurt them,if you don't know them don't lie to them, why should they give a s**t?

Unit size is a matter of public record. Anyone can see that the teams are a fairly small population. As for competence...I was in Army aviation, so I only know the SEALs by reputation. I will defer to your experience.

Just sent you a PM Steve

my ex was a marine. however, he wasn't an officer, didn't go to marine corps university or in fact any university while we were married.

but on at least 2 different websites he claims a degree obtained while we were married. um, no.

i don't know why it chaps my ass, because it's not hurting me, but it still makes me angry that he's the biggest liar in the universe & i fell for it. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom