What I'm looking forward to ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queen Triggerfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With all this chatter about chikungunya, DEET, jellyfish, endless rain, dengue fever and the port closures, I'm ready to reflect on the stuff I'm excited for.

1. the always-a-bit-shocking feeling of water surrounding my body when I giant stride into the water
2. hearing only my calm breathing and bubbles on dives
3. thinking "holy crap, that angelfish/triggerfish/parrotfish is HUGE"
4. checking out the new pool/garden courtyard at my hotel, Mi Casa en Cozumel
5. hearing street musicians and mariachi bands playing "Feliz Navidad"
6. trying to decide between the jalapeno/cucumber or peanut butter/chocolate for my first drink at Wet Wendy's or Thirsty Cougar
7. the queso (and everything else, including the lights and atmosphere) at Kondesa
8. going into my couple favorite stores after dinner some night. Even though they always have just about the same stuff as the prior year, I just love looking at everything.
9. waking up to an alarm in the morning, but jumping out of bed when I realize I'm going diving
10. lounging by a beach with a book in my hand; or if it's raining, running around on the beach in the rain

If you feel like joining in, what are the first things that come to your mind?

1. The smell when you walk off the plane.
2. How the good the heat feels ( especially in the winter)
3. the diving
4. Seeing all my good friends on the island.

7 days to go before back for 3 weeks.

Oh! The peanut butter / chocolate giant azz frozen drink at Thirsty Cougars! YUMMY! Figure out the balancing nails trick and he keeps topping you off. MMMM... Was there just in September..

Me? I'm looking forward to:

1.) 23 days on Utila starting on January 2nd!
2.) Getting to play with all my new dive gear there
3.) Getting to experiment a TON with the GoPro while I am there
4.) Adding EFR / Rescue Diver to my C-Cards while I am there
5.) Making a ton of new friends while I am there
6.) Exploring the island and reefs for 3 whole weeks!

I'm NOT looking forward to January 25th (the day I come home) LOL

But! I will be heading to Coz hopefully next summer again! And when I do I will look forward to Diving Palancar with an old friend, Coco Locos in the hammocks at the Miami Bar and getting Poc Chuc and Chorizo at Billy the Grillers on 65th..

1. Dive boat rides out to the reefs, catching a little morning sun and seaspray.
2. Looking at that blue, blue water.
3. Micheladas.
4. Stopping at Billy's for a big lunch of chicken and poc chuc after escaping the airport.
5. Pastries. So many pastries.
6. The square at night.
7. Driving to the Other Side for a lazy afternoon.
8. Poking around the shops downtown.
9. Floating around in the pool at night watching the moon overhead.
10. Ceviche tacos at Camaron Dorado.
11. The anticipation when I grab my mask and reg for that first backroll off the boat.
12. That jolt when you see one of your very favorite things on a dive...and remember why you worked so hard to get back to the island again!

---------- Post added December 23rd, 2015 at 08:06 PM ----------

Oh! And getting some more dives in on my new Zena. I friggin love that thing!

Hearing that glorious sound of "clanging" tanks in the morning and looking out over a perfectly flat sea with a rich cup of coffee in my hand.

I love that sound. One of the highlights of the time I stayed at Casa Mexicana was waking up to that every morning.

Someone should make an audio recording and turn it into a meditation app. :)

Thanks for the great post.
My wife and I are also staying at Mi Casa.
1. The smell of the ocean.
2. The boat ride out to the reef and getting soaked by the waves breaking over the bow of the boat.
3. Warmth. No jacket required.
4. Marveling at the diversity of the aquatic life.
5. My wife's huge smile when she is "in her place" 60 feet deep and the resulting flooding of her mask thanks to the big grin. :)
6. Seeing tortugas, such peaceful creatures.
7. Driving the east coast and having a couple of cerveza at Bob Marleys and a marg at Coconuts.
8. No work. No stress. No problem.
9. Meeting new friends.
10. Chilling with my honey after diving and chatting about what we saw.

29 more sleeps.

Hearing that glorious sound of "clanging" tanks in the morning and looking out over a perfectly flat sea with a rich cup of coffee in my hand.
Last time we were there we had breakfast every morning at the Rockin' Java. Good coffee, good food, friendly people. It's one of my favorite memories, along with the diving, boat rides, and driving around the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom