What is a decent Aquamaster worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I have found an ad for a used aquamaster (i'm assuming a DA), with an old 72, weights, and a few other odds and ends. I'm gonna make an offer on it, but I'm not sure what a realistic amount is for that reg? I know its hard to say without inspecting it, but I'm assuming it will need some attention as its been sitting for ages apparently.

Jim

Assuming that you are going to use the DA. Remember an overhaul, new hoses, mouthpiece, diaphram, and mp valves. Cost about $200. Tank may or may not pass hydro. Rest of stuff, depending, could be worth a few bucks. I wouldn't go over $100 for the whole thing. Out of hydro 72s $20 + or -. DAs are going cheap on eBay. Depending on model could be worth up to $150, but that is very unlikely. $100 is fair.

Well I made an offer and got it all. I still don't know what regulator it exactly is, but I figured $60 for an aquamaster, a 72 with plastic backpack and harness, and a weight belt full of lead was worth the risk.

Jim

I've paid $60 just for a 72, although it was a bump-bottom. You got a good deal. Beware, you will soon spend money rebuilding the reg, then you'll just have to go for a phoenix, and then since it breathes so great you'll want to get it re-chromed, pretty soon your $60 will seem like a pittance.

You got a good deal. I paid $100 for mine and I didn't get any tanks or anything with it.

Depending on the condition, you might be able to use it with just a rebuild kit and a new duckbill. That's about $40 shipped. Even if it needs everything though, the prices aren't that bad and these double hose regs really are pretty simple.

I've paid $60 just for a 72, although it was a bump-bottom. You got a good deal. Beware, you will soon spend money rebuilding the reg, then you'll just have to go for a phoenix, and then since it breathes so great you'll want to get it re-chromed, pretty soon your $60 will seem like a pittance.

I paid $180 once for 3 LP72's. They were all galvanized with current hydros though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom