What is a reasonable number of dive days for a 1 week family vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we went to Cozumel on a Sat thru Sat trip, we dove Sun thru Thurs. Friday was the off day before flying home on Sat.

We did do a shallow shore dive on the day we arrived. That worked great because we were able to get weighted properly.

We also did 3 or 4 dives per day most of the days. I had 17 for the week and really needed the whole day Friday off. Some people will dive early the day before departure, especially if they have a later flight. I prefer to be a little more conservative.

Have a great trip!

Julie

Does the family dive or are you looking to strike a balance between you dive time and family "together" time? Any kids along? Age?

I see the family harmony equation played out all the time. If you can work with a dive op that will take non-divers along to snorkel that can count as a family activity. If not, 3-4 seems to be the average compromise.

ScubaTexas:
What is a reasonable number of 2-tank am boat dives during a 7 night vacation where the family is along?
Is your family diving with you? If not, how long do you plan on diving and how far out are dive sites? I would think the answer depends on how much time you want to spend with (or without) the family. :wink:

As many as I can get in safely (no diving 24hrs before flying), without driving my wife totally nuts. Note to self, must remember to sight-see more. Don't have to worry about kids though.

Even though you may want to dive every chance you can - it's a family vacation. My kids love to dive - but they tend to dive every other day while on vacation. Vacation to them includes hanging out at the pool or oceanside, kayaking, tennis, biking, staying up late watching movies and sometimes just playing tourist.

Kids are only young for a short time, hang out and do the things they want to do.

Sat fly
Sun 2 plus 1 night dive
Mon 0
Tues 3 plus 1 night dive.
Wed 0
Thurs 3
Fri 0
Sat fly

Looks like fun..............with the family, lots of planning required (9 dives is not bad).

Back
Top Bottom