What is E6 Film Processing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C41 processing is hat you typically see in the way of processing. This produces a color negative film from which the prints are produced.

E6 processing is typically done on Ektachrome film. Think Seattle film works and many other mail order film developers. This type of film produces a color transparency. Like a slide. It is a longer more involved process for developing film.

Tom

Not quite...
E6 processing is very easy - you can do a credible job in a bathroom with a film tank and a few bottles of chemicals (and a thermometer and a watch). This is why E6 is offered aboard liveaboards and why Ektachrome (or other E6) slide film is the film of choice for on-site processing.
Rick

Hello,

Yea e-6 gives instant results as it's slides :wink: However I recomend to NOT use the onboard labs or the diy bathroom kits becuase of consistency. there's all sorts of delicacy's that need be met. I.e. the first developer need accuracy with in 1/2°F and it's so sensitive that a change in the aggitation will deviate the film. It's best to use a lab to develop and stick with that lab. You'll find yourself thinking you did something wrong when it was a difference in the lab you used.

I wait till I get home to do all my developing and find that when I moved to this alot of my bugs was removed.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom