What is it? Wait wait don't tell me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KPmel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi:

Relatively new to scuba. Just bought a great BC off a msot excellent Ebayer. When it arrived it had all kinds of bells and whistles included (retractors, knife, flashlight, folding snorkel!) Amongst them was the below strange yellow "thingy" which was clipped to one of the D rings.

Thought it might be fun to reach out to the Board and have a little fun with this. I will probably find out its something soooooo common that I will feel more stupd than ususal.

Nevertheless , I am anxious to find out.

Puzzled in NYC

akir21.jpg

Can't believe ya didn't see at least one of these strange thangs in your course. But guess ya didn't? It's just a simple OCTO holder. Just wet the mouth-piece and ram it in. And hope it stays. Better methods abound...but use what ya have for now.

Thanks ever so much!

See I told you I would end up feeling more stupid than usual! Actually, I got certified about 20 years ago but am only now getting back into it. Way back then we used a clip made of pterodactyl teeth to hold the octo.

Dont let these guys lie to you.. what you have there is a safety device to be donned in case of contact with a mermaid, although that one is a bit short IMHO... :chuckle:

Commonly call a scum ball due to the primordial soup that can get in there if not well maintained. Puts a whole new twist on S drill!

Nevertheless , I am anxious to find out.

Puzzled in NYC

Now, it would have been nice if one of the helpful people above told you where it belongs...

grocery-bag-trash-can.jpg

:d

I think that was one of the early prototypes for an anti impregnation by the sea gods (damn that frisky Poseidon) device. Female divers were told to hold it between their legs and hope for the best. It didn't work so well either...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom