What is "muck diving"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great website you have there!

Thanks, IceIce. Its great to hear from someone who loves muck diving so much. Knowing PADI, if it gets big enough, they will probably give a muck certification soon enough! I guess there is some luck involved: luck you get a good DM! Glad you liked me website. If you know anyone that would want to provide pictures so I can the species profile underway, that would be great. I should have a lot more of the places section done very soon. Next to be added is Bali, and Kapali in Borneo, Malaysia. Then Durian. P.S. I agree that for explanations sake "macro" is a good way to describe muck diving, to distinguish it from yucky muck dives.

Hmm. I would use the same definition as "ianw2" and "Ice Ice". To us (those that I dive with) "muck diving" is getting away from the coral onto the sandy/silty bottom and looking for those rare and elusive creatures. 1 pipe fish is worth 1000 "reef fish"...
-j-

Muck diving.....poor vis, when you can't see anything and then all of the sudden see something......what is it?? Oh just my mask lens......now that's diving!

Muk diving..... Diving in Mukilteo, WA ..... J/k lol

Muck diving around my neck of the woods is every time the sheriff calls out our Search and Recovery Team. Since 1970, I have "seen" only two objects (a body and a gun) before bringing them up. All the other times it was just search and recover by Braille.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom