What is my computer telling me - Air time remaining

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have taken the online program for both my Pro Plus 3 and my Geo 2 and both are very helpful. I don't recall that the PP3 training answers my specific question but I will go back and take a look. Thanks
Question:
"Air time remaining 0:06
Is it that I need to start my ascent from this depth in 6 minutes or that I will run out of in 0:06 minutes if I stay at this depth or something else?" and if it is - start your ascent in 0:06 minutes - is it calculating a safety stop?

I have taken the online program for both my Pro Plus 3 and my Geo 2 and both are very helpful. I don't recall that the PP3 training answers my specific question but I will go back and take a look. Thanks
Question:
"Air time remaining 0:06
Is it that I need to start my ascent from this depth in 6 minutes or that I will run out of in 0:06 minutes if I stay at this depth or something else?" and if it is - start your ascent in 0:06 minutes - is it calculating a safety stop?

It is saying you'll "run out of gas" in 6 mins if you stay at the same depth and breathe at the same rate. But "out of gas" depends on what you've got it set for, like 500 psi. From 66 ft, you'll breathe about 100 psi to get calmly to the surface, plus another 100 psi for a safety stop, so you'd still have 300 psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I contacted Oceanic this morning and they told me that ATR is the time you can remain at your present depth, using your current air consumption and still ascend to the surface safely with a 3 minute safety stop at 15', with your set reserve of air remaining.

I contacted Oceanic this morning and they told me that ATR is the time you can remain at your present depth, using your current air consumption and still ascend to the surface safely with a 3 minute safety stop at 15', with your set reserve of air remaining.
I hope that is true, but I'm skeptical. It is important enough that if you are really going to use your computer that way, I'd call Oceanic again, talk to a different person, and see if you get the same answer.

Back
Top Bottom