What is the coolest thing you have seen underwater in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Dragons??
Which part of Australia is Cozumel in??
Are you talking about something other than a leafy or weedy Sea Dragon?
The Mola Mola I can believe, they have been seen here in Boston.

In no particular order - over the years:

A pod of 6 dolphins at 60 feet on Palancar Gardens
A 10 - 12 ft hammerhead on Maracaibo DEEP
Pedro's red-lipped batfish(es) - a PAIR of them
Frogfish - one I found another Pedro found
Mola-Mola at a safety stop on Tormentos
Squadron of 40+ Eagle Rays
Seahorses
Sea Dragons
Decorator crabs
Moray Eel and a nurse shark fighting - with big groupers surrounding them
A HUGE, HUGE grouper at Paso del Cedral - I am not exaggerating when I say he was 300ish lbs
A moray eel stealing a lionfish off my spear
An octopus eating a lionfish
A lionfish eating a dead lionfish
A starfish eating a dead lionfish

ANd the number one thing that is my current FAVORITE thing I've seen recently UW in Cozumel are DEAD LIONFISH with other marine life eating them!!!!!!

Around 1998 or so I saw and photographed a Mola Mola on Cozumel. One of the pictures was published in a magazine. One of the coolest things I've seen anywhere.

Dove with a Manta, got to snorkel with large pod of at least 50 dolphins, quite a few eagle rays including one that ate a lobster 5 feet from me, in the late 80's there was a goliath grouper that was the biggest one I've ever seen in the sea, and countless rare small animals. Also saw and dove through what amounted to an underwater tornado in the north (Barracuda / San Juan) - not just fast current, it was spinning rapidly.

I used to go quite a bit but have only been once since the big hurricane. I spent a good part of my youth going to Cozumel and dreaming about it when I wasn't there. Maybe it is time to start going back regularly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom