What is the deal on St Kitts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have dived on St Maarten. Me no like.

I have dived on Saba. Me like.

I find little information on the comparative quality of dive sites on St. Kitts versus other premier diving locations in the Caribbean such as Cozumel, Little Cayman or Turks & Caicos (West Caicos).

I am looking for information from experienced divers who have a modicum of broad diving experience in the islands just mentioned.

My sense is there are good dive operators on the island but the diving itself is nothing spectacular. Is this true?

Garv-

P.S. I am talking about diving in early December.

In my experience, St Kitts (like most of the Leewards) is not a place to go diving, but a fun place to dive while you are there enjoying the topside attractions. It has typical Eastern Caribe reefs, reasonable vis unless raining hard, warm water with smaller sea life (these reefs have been fished hard for 3 centuries). There really is no comparison to Coz, T&C, and Cayman; Saba is the area exception, a true dive destination with deep water pinnacles and larger sea life.

In my experience, St Kitts (like most of the Leewards) is not a place to go diving, but a fun place to dive while you are there enjoying the topside attractions. It has typical Eastern Caribe reefs, reasonable vis unless raining hard, warm water with smaller sea life (these reefs have been fished hard for 3 centuries). There really is no comparison to Coz, T&C, and Cayman; Saba is the area exception, a true dive destination with deep water pinnacles and larger sea life.

I appreciate the sage advise.

Garv

Back
Top Bottom