What is the funniest/strangest item you have found underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barb

Contributor
Reaction score
It's amazing all the junk I have found at the bottom of the St.Lawrence river!! One day something caught my eye and when I picked it up it was a pair of mens underwear. Even funnier is that as soon as I picked them up a little fish darted in to have a closer look - opportunist!!!:D

Hi, barb,
I think the intact, although non-functional, "Lifecycle" exercise bike
that I found -50' down and a half mile off shore- might qualify as both strange and funny. Perhaps stranger and/or funnier would be speculation as to how it got there.
Good Question. I'm waiting to see the other replies.:)
Good Luck,
Mike

I've not found much of anything truely humorous [golf balls, tennis balls, a straw hat, plenty of new lures for my tackle box]

However my dive club has a 'must unusual artifact' category at the annual awards banquet. Last year a furby won :)

Bob3 once bubbled...
Reminds me of the black lace panties I found... and then locating the owner.
:mean:

In the nice warm lake waters of Okla. find those all the time.

It's amazing what you can see underwater in a warm lake, especially when nobody is looking for somebody underwater!

Once found a prosthetic leg, freaked me out, I thought at first it was real:mean: And I was in Great White territory...=-)

I'm not sure what the reason is, but undies seem to showing up in the river we dive regularly. Earlier this year, a pair of ladies red satin panties - size medium - still trying to locate the owner. Three days ago, mens large SUPERMAN 'S' on the crotch briefs. My buddy and I almost coughed out or regs we were laughing so hard at those ones.

There is an older Mac computer someone threw in near some piers, along with a printer. We cleaned those out during a 'clean-up' dive, that also included shopping carts, bikes, snowmachine frame (only - the rest had been stripped)and all kinds of other crud...........

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom