What Is This Dive Gear Worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyingfishvideo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am helping out a buddy of mine who is looking to purchase some "almost new" dive equipment.

Would any of you good folks be able to give me an estimate for a reasonable price for this dive gear?

The items for sale:

· Regs are: Oceanic Delta Sub Zero (adjustable) 1st and second stage, as well as a Genesis octopus reg. The primary has an additional LP and HP port. Already set-up for dry suits and ice diving.

· Genesis analogue pressure and depth gauges, with compass on back side

· BC is a standard Sherwood Silhouette

All gear is in mint condition and has been well maintained. My wife’s gear but it’s for sale too. She has the same BC (women’s size) and reg set-up, except she has a Sherwood Brut reg instead of the delta sub zero. Her gear was only used a few times and is basically new.

Add up what all that gear sold for new and expect about half as a rule of thumb. A lot of peolple use Leisure Pro for prices.
If any of the items have been discontinued then find the closest crossover and use that as a guide.
Very few things in scuba gear hold close to new value. A BP/W combo does and a few very sought after vintage items, but for of the rest of it not really.
Also, looking at ebay to see what used stuff goes for is a good indicator.
Prices fluctuate though depending on who's buying.
Good luck

For the regulators, recency of service and age and condition of the hoses matter too. A complete service including disassembly and replacement of parts that wear/age out for a 1st stage and two second stages is typically over $100, and the price should be discounted by at least that amount of the last service was more than two years ago. Similarly to replace all three hoses is around $100. From a buyer's point of view used regs aren't a good deal unless they are priced really right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom