What is wrong with this picture??!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, she is completely SICK in the HEAD.

Thats no gloves in ~48F water!

She did admit that under the thermocline (~41F) that her hands got cold.

Yeah Twister, I was thinking the same thing.

No Dry gloves, and no spring straps.

Other than that, may I ask if I can borrow that fine looking trim for this weekend?

Who's been working on you?

Steve

Sorry, getting my quasi-DIR-f via Steve Lewis. (That's my personal take on it).

OK, OK, so it's not exactly the same, but I've been very fortunate to dive with GUE divers and have caught a few glimpses of the secret hand-shake :)

That's the great part about Steve L's course. The way he's teaching it I feel I'm getting two courses for the price of one. What a deal!! I think it's great how he can structure a TDI course the way he sees fit and make those of us with no GUE training better than we might have been without his style and add-ons to his courses.

Steve

I agree TomR, whole heartedly.

Like I've said, those are my words, which may or may not be the most accurate ones to use.

I think's it's super of TDI to allow an instructor to "modify" the course criteria to suit the beliefs (please insert your description there) of that instructor.

It's great that Instructors of either Organization have come to essentially the same conclusions on how diving should be done, whether it be Rec or Tech, as the basics are still the basics.

As I have mentioned, I have seen a few GUE trained divers doing TDI courses as well, and vise-versa. It's great that the two can live in almost perfect harmony when taught by the appropriate Instructors.

Like I have said in other posts, Steve Lewis is raising the bar on behalf of TDI (IMO). He obviously has his Instruction honed, formed and adjusted over the years of teaching, to a point that even the GUE trained divers don't have a problem with taking courses from him.

Now that's saying something!!!

Someday, maybe who knows, even I might get there too..........He's certainly inspired me once again.

Regards

Steve

P.S. TomR

FWIW, It's also because of him, in part, that I have grown a further respect for what your shop has to offer in the way of training too.

Shall we say, for both Instructors (Steve and Dan), the proof is in the quality of divers they both are putting out.

Heh heh heh

Glad no one mentioned the dangling Goodman handle. I'm aware I need to retie the bungee....

Yeah I don't have rings for my Canadian Tire drygloves yet, and incidentally I left all my wetsuit stuff hanging to dry, it didn't occur to me to pack the wet gloves for these dives. But darned if I was going to let such a fine day pass without diving it! We did two dives: 40 minutes the first one, and 35 the second. Water was 51° in the shallows, dropping to about 48° by the plane and was down to 44° just off the ledge by the boat. I didn't go below 60' on these dives and I admit that I lost a little of that perfect trim on the ascent (see attached picture) due to my 'haste' to get back to hand-thawing depth.

As for the spring straps, I feel the need to make my own. This time I'm gonna actually use stainless springs though, since these aren't, after all, Cressi thermoplastic fins. But I'm not in a real rush since I don't mind the rubber fin straps for now, I have had no problems getting them on and off and they're not wearing out (yet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom