What is your biggest Fear in diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#1 fear: Equipment failure; attempting to take a breath at depth and getting water, or worse, getting NOTHING.

#2: Decompression illness. I stay within my computer's NDLs and ascend within its limits as well, but the specter of the "undeserved hit" is always out there...

#3: Getting lost. I can't navigate worth a damn, but I'm trying to get better. :dork2: Although I do have a compass now, so hopefully I won't be quite so hopeless. At least I always know which way up is...:wink:

Roll 'em all up and what do you get? Bottom line, I want to come home to my family after each dive.

#2: Decompression illness. I stay within my computer's NDLs and ascend within its limits as well, but the specter of the "undeserved hit" is always out there...

This (being bent) would be from far my #1. Mostly driven by circumstances out of my control, like strong up/down currents, equipment failure, or just bad luck.

Not being able to assist/help someone (anyone) during a dive and see that person die is not something I fancy much either.

Cite embarrassment for not performing the procedure that I should. Complacency in others.

My biggest fear is not being able to dive anymore!!

I can't get my spouse to dive period but I my greatest fear is related to everyone that said worrying about their spouse. Mine is worrying about my 14 year old son/dive buddy. Not so much for the things he will do, but about something out of my control like a current or him getting away from me and me not being "there for him". Can't imagine losing him and having to explain it to his mother and living with the anguish/shame/what-if doubts. Almost makes me limit the number of times we dive if the conditions are not "perfect".

Wish I could lose this feeling.

I can't get my spouse to dive period but I my greatest fear is related to everyone that said worrying about their spouse. Mine is worrying about my 14 year old son/dive buddy. Not so much for the things he will do, but about something out of my control like a current or him getting away from me and me not being "there for him". Can't imagine losing him and having to explain it to his mother and living with the anguish/shame/what-if doubts. Almost makes me limit the number of times we dive if the conditions are not "perfect".

Wish I could lose this feeling.

I share this fear. I have two sons who dive with me and the thought of losing either one of them is a concept that is simply too horrible to imagine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom