What is your Recommended online US Scuba Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone recommend a mail order place where I can get my tanks filled? All of the dive shops in my town closed in part due to competition from online sales, and I now need to drive 20 miles one way to get a nitrox fill.

Thanks,

Ken

Now folks are seeing why they need to support their LDS. Where do we get fills if there are no shops around. I'm sure a solution will pop up but I believe this situation is limiting the numbers of new divers as well, perhaps a problem for all of us.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a mail order place where I can get my tanks filled? All of the dive shops in my town closed in part due to competition from online sales, and I now need to drive 20 miles one way to get a nitrox fill.

Thanks,

Ken

No problem! Here are a few I used recently:

www.airetex.com
www.northshorecompressor.com
www.filtertechs.com
www.compressorstuff.com
www.mcmaster.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407249156.516774.jpg

Crappy customer service kills local dive shops, not the internet.

Thanks,

Ken

Don't feel too bad------the closest dive shop to me is ~50 miles away, been like that since I started diving in '85...You need to 'get friendly' with a LOCAL fire station, they fill mine for free....

My favorite online shop is Dive Right In Scuba | Plainfield scuba diving lessons and scuba equipment. We also provide scuba certification for the Chicago area.. First, they seem to have very competitive prices on the items that I am searching for. Next, they have a rewards program that I have gotten good use out of. It can make their cheap prices even cheaper if you buy often from them. Free shipping over $50 is another good perk. Finally, and certainly not least is their customer service. Last year I needed my regs serviced for an IP issue. I sent them in on the Thursday afternoon before Labor day weekend. They were back in my mailbox the next Friday. I think that is an outstanding turnaround time for an online shop considering the shipping times and the fact that it was over a holiday weekend.

I also like Dive Gear Express® | Official Site quite a bit too. They also seem to ship things out to the customer very quickly. And I also find that they can be quite a bit cheaper and have a better selection than DRIS on certain things like individual hardware components.

I can't possibly say enough good things about Dive Right in Scuba! Free shipping on most orders, and the item is on my doorstep the next day. The owner and staff take the time to answer questions and solve my problems. I've been having problems with a leaky drysuit and the owner is personally returning my emails and helping me find solutions (even on Sundays).

After reading over this post, it sounds like I'm being paid by the shop to write it, but I assure you that I'm not affiliated in any way. I'm sure that anyone else who has had the pleasure of dealing with DRIS will agree.

Also I couldn't agree more with Brandon's statement "crappy customer service kills local dive shops, not the internet"

Last edited:
My choice is actually Dive Seekers at Diveseekers.com - they are also an LDS for many here in NJ. The advantage there is that they can supply ALL of your diving needs: borrow or try-out gear, easily return or refund, help with fit & option choices. That, to me, is a better deal. They have excellent prices and often specials just like the others. We really need to support our LDS's when possible especially when the prices are the same.

I absolutely agree. Plus they usually ship same day. Oh, they have awesome training as well.

I have also had extremely good experiences with Dive Right In Scuba. Mike is an extremely hard worker -- customer service is excellent, and they have fabulous sales.

Dive Gear Express is excellent for hardware or parts.

DiveGearExpress

Back
Top Bottom