What kind of dive traveler are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a number 3 also.

Our first 5 trips to the ocean to dive were all to Cozumel. We got ragged about it here on SB and elsewhere constantly about not having "experienced" other places.... so we tried that for awhile. Went to Fla, went to Calif, went to Kona, went on liveaboards in Bahamas, went on liveaboard to Palau, went to Roatan... and went to Bonaire. Some trips were FANTASTIC, some were just okay.

Then we went back to Cozumel to see if it was as good as we remembered.... and it was.
We now go to back to places we enjoyed the most which are in our budget.
Cozumel, Bonaire, and Roatan are definite repeats. All 3 give us multiple dives per day and shore diving which we love. We will probably also go back to Calif, love the kelp dives.

The Pacific would be great to visit again but only if we could get in multiple dives per day every day and we could stay long enough to make the horrible travel worthwhile. Would love to go to Fiji and back to Palau, maybe Indonesia. The only problem is that every time we sit down and figure costs, those trips come out at least double to cost of a trip to our 3 favorites in Caribbean without the horrible travel times.

So if someone would like to give us free trips and double to vacation time, we would try someplace new. For now I want GUARANTEED great diving that I can afford on our allotted week vacation. I get that at Cozumel, Roatan, and Bonaire.... so why mess with what works?

just my 2 cents.
robin

Bit of both.... If we like a place, we will return, either next trip or on short list... The last 10 trips with Mrs. Stoo have been to three places ... Turneffe, Huracan and T+C Explorer. I snuck one in to British Columbia last year.

If it broke, we don't fix it. If it is, we do...

My wife does not dive - we rotate.

Last year London - this year Philippines (diving) - next year Italy - following year diving (maybe Bali)

Sssshhh don't tell deputydans wife but apparently theres some nice diving in Italy

A guy named Cousteau dove past 61 I think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We considered rotating holidays but having started diving later in life, I wanted to dive at least every 6 months so as not to lose touch. Although I live in the UK, I don't like cold, green water diving and prefer the colourful tropics and liveabaords when available. That being the case, we could not afford to take both types of holidays and hence the present arrangement/agreement.

Have dove many places in the Caribbean and Mexico but always try to make a yearly trip to our favorite spot Bonaire. When we started diving we always split a two week trip with a week on Bonaire and a week somewhere else. Just can't find anyplace that compares to Bonaire when all things are factored in. After visiting Bonaire sixteen out of the last eighteen years and logging over 400 dives of the island there is something to be said for feeling comfortable with the island and the diving. Going back this summer for a month. For those who say they would be bored with that much diving in the same place I understand but for me every dive is a new adventure even when I have dove my favorite sites a couple dozen times. After we both retire we will visit other places but will not give up our time on Bonaire.

Younger years loved to find new spots. Found Brac . Love the diving, easy to get to,safe ,beautiful, nicest people in the world. It will be my final destination on Earth.

If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. The world is a big place, lets dive it all!

"I always wonder why birds stay in one place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question."

Back
Top Bottom