What kind of regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TriMat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone - can anyone help me identify which model regulator this is? I bought it used online and tried to get it serviced, but my LDS couldn't pinpoint what it is and I can't get a hold of the seller. The only lead we have is Seac Sub on the dust cap.

Thanks bunches

Off topic for a while, and out of curiosity, how much did you get it for?

Don't know myself but drop these guys an email with good close up photos. Performance use to sell scuba grear on line but they closed several years ago. I suspect it's a rebranded reg. If anyone around can service it, these guys can.
http://www.airtechscubaservices.com/

Thanks for the replies - I'll check with AirTech. I was also reading some of the other posts about servicing your own (http://www.airspeedpress.com/). I don't know if I'll take it that far, but I did order a book. I'd like to have a good understanding of the equipment I'm laying my life on. The navy report from the first post isn't too comforting, but the explanation letter does help. I haven't noticed any problems with mine.

Off topic for a while, and out of curiosity, how much did you get it for?
About $150 for the reg, a BC and a 7MM full wetsuit (farmer john) - it looked like a good deal for a starter kit

I'm in the market for a weight integrated BC now though

TriMat:
About $150 for the reg, a BC and a 7MM full wetsuit (farmer john) - it looked like a good deal for a starter kit

I'm in the market for a weight integrated BC now though

Oh, I guess that explains that. It came as a package! 150's a good price then. Aside from it being an unfamiliar brand, it looks to be in pretty good condition. Good plan purchasing oxyhacker's book. I'm sure once you get comfortable fiddling around with your own reg, you'll discover that a lot of its parts are compatible with off-the shelf items, and servicing wont present too much of a problem :D

Cheers and have fun diving!

I've been out of the game for 7 years and I have a closet full of Perfomance Diver gear. Did you ever find a shop that will service this type of regulator? If not, did you have any luck getting parts to service it yourself?

Otherwise, I'm left with a bunch of SCUBA paperweights.

Welcome to the board.

Old post but gather up your model numbers and give the guys at Airtech a call (link above), if anyone has the parts it's them. If not, it's DIY or Ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom