What level of training do you have?

Too what "general" level of training or skills have you completed

• OW (Open Water)

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • AOW (Advanced open water, without confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • AOW (With confined spaces speciality,,Cave, Wreck, Ice...etc...

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Nitrox (No confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • Nitrox (with confined space speciality)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Rebreather or Tri-Mix & other gasses (Very Deep, and or confined spaces)

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, for some time now, I have been wondering, what percentage of divers have gone onto further training and skills beyond OW.

Now this poll is not a poll of agencies, or of specific skills that may be required in order to become a Dive Master or Instructor. I am interested only in the recreational aspects of diving skills, and to what level people have taken this sport to.

For example if you are a Dive Master, with skills in convined spaces, but are not trained in Nitrox or Mixed Gasses, you would vote for AOW- with confined spaces. I have assumed though, that people who train to use mixed gasses have also trained to dive confined spaces. This poll is as simple, so please don't get offended if your specific level is not listed, or your training agency is not showcased.

Just OW here.

Will works towards advanced once the wedding is over with and I can slap some money down.

Assuming my new wife lets me?

Anyone here have a wife/husband who doesn't scuba?

Any advice?

Your choices aren't varied enough to give you any useful info. I have Rescue+Nitrox+cavern+ wreck(next week assuming Walter dosen't kick me out of the class hehehe). I would also bet that the "average" diver on this board falls into one or 2 major catagories, beginner or fairly advanced. The beginners are looking for info and the more experienced divers love the sport enough to hang out here when not diving.

No AOW

It don't matter how many classes I've had. My former cave instructor is better in the water and has done more cool dives than I'll ever have the chance to do.

PS. I have a box of cards that I am willing to trade for room and board in north Florida...ok two boxes...I will even bring my compressor

Dive Master (DiveCon) on the way towards Instructor. The better trained you are the better diver you are (my belief). I plan on going as far as I can in the sport.

Rich :mean:

Back
Top Bottom