What´s the most used deco software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys...i just was wondering about the software you use in your planning....most people i dive with use either vplanner or GAP/Gap-RGBM....Do you also use them..or have new (better) options?

Will

You can always check out mine .. which takes a slightly different approach with a bubble model.

Hi

All I would suggest is look at v planner http://www.hhssoftware.com/v-planner/ but do not use this without professional advice there are many things you need to know about the settings etc that only an experienced professional can give you, without professional advice deco diving should not be attempted.

I have used several palm based applications including D-Plan (a gradient factor model), Palm VPM (VPM-A model), M-Plan, J-Plan (another gradient factor model) and Dive Calc (VPM-B model).

At this point I normally use D-plan but I have adjusted the gradient factors a bit to approximate the slightly more conservative VPM-B profiles. Dive Calc however has lots of promise and Ray Little is planning to release a new version toward the end of the month with new features and improvements that will make it a very attractive alternative to D-Plan.

D-Plan is about $60.00, While Ray's Dive Calc is $25.00 and the rest are freeware.

I use GUE Deco Planner and GAP RGBM Lite (Pocket PC version).

I've been using D-PLAN on the Palm (well, and old Handspring Visor Edge - I'm such a Luddite)
and have just picked up a copy of Ray's Dive Calc, though I've not yet had the opportunity to use
it.

Come to think of it, there's a copy of Decoweenie on my Handspring as well, but I've given up trying
to figure out how to make it work ...

Back
Top Bottom