What should be in the box?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctock993

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received my Uemis yesterday and I seem to be missing the manual.
As the box looks jumped on & the unit has a tiny (I'm being really picky as I just spent >$1000 on something that doesn't look new) scratch on the glass I'm concerned I may have received a display unit.

In addition, the unit was on when I opened the box, yet after I plugged it into USB charging overnight I cannot get it to turn on again! Granted I have no instruction book to tell me what I need to do, but I jogged all three slide-switches and NOTHING happened - then I had to run to work).

Obviously I will be contacting the seller (reputable AD for Uemis) today, but I was wondering if I was missing anything else from the box.

What was there:
- Uemis SDA
- USB cable
- USB Docking plastic piece
- Quick reference guide (English/ German)
- Orange piece of paper warning to "Read the Manual Before use" - DUH! WISH I HAD ONE!
- Plastic "poking thingy"
- Nylon carry case

Manual is on-line at Uemis.com, it is not supplied in hard copy. the quick guide will give you all you need. You need to slide the bottom right slider and the vertical slider together for a second or more to power up or power down.

You describe the correct contents of the box apart from the transmitter (unless you bought the no transmitter version!)

Hope that helps

I just received my Uemis yesterday and I seem to be missing the manual.
As the box looks jumped on & the unit has a tiny (I'm being really picky as I just spent >$1000 on something that doesn't look new) scratch on the glass I'm concerned I may have received a display unit.

In addition, the unit was on when I opened the box, yet after I plugged it into USB charging overnight I cannot get it to turn on again! Granted I have no instruction book to tell me what I need to do, but I jogged all three slide-switches and NOTHING happened - then I had to run to work).

Obviously I will be contacting the seller (reputable AD for Uemis) today, but I was wondering if I was missing anything else from the box.

What was there:
- Uemis SDA
- USB cable
- USB Docking plastic piece
- Quick reference guide (English/ German)
- Orange piece of paper warning to "Read the Manual Before use" - DUH! WISH I HAD ONE!
- Plastic "poking thingy"
- Nylon carry case

Can you please tell me, where you bought it from?
From what you tell me, it looks like the box has been opened by costums...They have their own way of being "gentle"...
That the unit was on is nothing to worry about. I can activate by motion. However, this has no influence on the life of the battery or the unit itself.

To turn the unit on, you simultaneously have to slide the bottom right switch to the right as well as the switch on the right side downward ( as described on page 3 of the quick reference manual )
The quick reference guide has all the information you need to set up your SDA and to personalize it to your preferences and to dive safe. You can download the full version of the user manual at Home - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION
The reason that the full version is not included as a CD is simply because of the updates that are made to it ( new firmware etc...)
The plastic "poking thingy" is the screwdriver to change the covers, but you can also poke someone with it...

Please let me know if you can still not turn the unit on.

Thanks

Michael

Yes you do have everything (well as long you didn't order it with the sender).
The plastic poking thing is the screw driver you need to change the cover.
My uemis also arrived with a very small scratch, I also wondered if mine was the shops demo but it wasnt, they dont ever come with an anti scratch film that you take off once you received it, the USB cable end caused mine whilst in the box.
The manual is downloaded from the Uemis site.
I bought a sheet of phone screen protector, I then removed the cover (using the little pokey thing LOL), used it as a template but cut it slightly bigger then re fitted the cover, job done & can't see the scratch.
The Uemis either "resumes" if its moved or if its in a deep sleep you slide the bottom right button to the right & the side button down both together until it bleeps and turns on.

Uemis have done a fantastic job creating this computer, enjoy!

Mark

Thanks to both of you!

Good thing I posted here before I called the seller and demanded a manual :blush:

A quick scan of the first page of the QR guide seemed to refer to so many pages of the manual I gave up and went to bed without further examination. Now I know what I'm reading tonight!

Now that you mention it, the "rough" look and scattered aspect of items in the Uemis box do have that Customs agent "careful search" appearance.

Michael Gerhartz, I will email/ pm the seller info.

My box arrived so disheveled that the transmitter got loose and was hiding within the upper tray. I thought I didn't get one and had the poor shop and Uemis scrambling to get me another one. Boy was I surprised when I tilted the tray a bit removing it and "something" slid around in there. We need to have a word with these customs folks. I am all for being diligent, but geesh....

Yup. Mine arrived in pretty much the same state. The box a bit beat up and the various parts a bit thrown in, but it does look like customs handling. All the parts are as described and no scratches or visible signs of use or abuse! Computer is amazing by the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom