Question What should I do with HP120’s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert H. Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’m picking up a pair of HP120’s tomorrow, they’re configured for sidemount but come with the bands and manifold. I already have 2 sets of LP85’s, a set of AL80’s, and a set of AL40’s. My questions is what should I do with these? Should I use them for transfill and topping of cylinders? Would they even have enough volume and pressure to make a difference in 4 LP85’s when my wife and I are diving sidemount? I normally don’t get “cave fills” at my local DS FYI. I’d band them up and let my father in law use them but he’s probably wayyyy to short for 120’s.

Reactions: OTF
If you don't have a clear purpose for them, why get them? It's that time of the month ey (NEED TO BUY STUFF). :wink:

Leave them in the closet with some Barry White playing, some nice wine and a lava lamp... check back in a few months to see if they have multiplied into something you can use?

I have HP 120's that I'll take to whip into at the si. Depends on the dive and how much gas I need, but I'll turn the isolator off ~ 20 min or so before the 1st dive ends so when I whip I can get more psi out of that one tank.

It really depends on the dive, but sometimes I take 1 set of doubles (LP85's) and 1 120, sometimes 2 120's and sometimes 2 sets of doubles.

I use them as singles routinely (back mount). But that's for margin of safety when diving with students. E.g., if something goes sideways I want plenty of air for myself and potentially a student breathing off my tank. Or looking for a missing diver.

I also sometimes have students enter the water in two groups, with me staying in the water the whole time. (Not likely open water, but more likely with Advanced.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom