Question What should I do with HP120’s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy thought... But could give them to me? Lol
Never give a dog a bone, give them to me instead.

My questions is what should I do with these? Should I use them for transfill and topping of cylinders? Would they even have enough volume and pressure to make a difference in 4 LP85’s when my wife and I are diving sidemount?
To really answer this question, we need to start with "what kind of diving do you do?"

If you really don't have a use for the tanks, and just happened to hoard them, you could also sell them and probably turn a profit. Or trade them for tanks you prefer; if you were local, I'd happily swap some HP100s I have.

Depends on the kind of diving you want to do, and which kind of 120s they are. Big difference in weight between PST and Asahi for example.

I too bought 120's... one LP and one HP which I used as singles for recreational dives. I could take a few pounds off my weight belt as compared with using AL80's, have extra air in case of emergency, get additional bottom time when needed/wanted (especially cavern diving) and also avoid a tank change on typical 2 tank recreational dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom