• 85 to 100

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • 104 or larger

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with AL 80's for boat dives and when away on vacation. For beach dives at home, I only use an AL63, since I don't need all the gas, and would rather not have to carry any unneeded weight on my back.

Well, I guess this thread shows us how much value there is in having that "You are in the Women's Views forum" banner across the top of each post!

For teaching in the pool I have 2 AL63's (my first tanks). I have a very difficult time reaching to the bottom of an AL80 to demonstrate skills, without having to raise the tank to a ridiculous height. In OW check- out dives I have 2 AL 80's (Nitrox dedicated). for technical diving I have a set of double95's & a set of double 108"s. & a little AL40 deco bottle. The bad part is, I haven't even gotten to stage or trimix diving yet.

4 HP 80
4 HP 100
1 MP 72
1 LP 72
2 AL80

The HP 80's see the most action from me with my wife favoring the 100's.

The MP72 (SP/ Faber) is a little sweetheart for modest dives.

The LP72 is new to me but so far I like it. It's also period correct if I'm in a vintage mood.

Pete

Well, I guess this thread shows us how much value there is in having that "You are in the Women's Views forum" banner across the top of each post!

I guess most people just do the read new posts mode, click, read and post. I didn't notice it until I read your post.

Oh yea........:shocked2:

I did mention my wife's preference. :)

back to the topic: "what did you buy that you regret" ... We wanted a ligth and small tank for beach dive so the women of the family could go through the stairs 'easily'.
I ended up buying an HP80, which is kind of OKish, but realized later that an LP72 would have been much better.
Now my wife uses the (my) HP100, which is much better with the Torus26, and for the extra weight, ... it is not a real big deal at the end.

So HP100 seems to have more value for women ~ 5'6 usinf BP/W, vs HP80, based on its length, shape and the extra air it provides compared to a reasonable extra weigth vs the HP80.

Anyone interested in an HP80 for sale ;-)

I dive big single steels often 108, 125 and 149 cu-ft. They are heavy but nothing like the cost and weight of doubles.

How does the 149 compare to the others? I dive a PST HP 120 and Worthington HP 130 sometimes and they're not too bad. I do actually have a 149 I bought recently but haven't tried it out yet, so curious to see how it works out in the real world.

For single tank diving, I almost exclusively dive an HP130. That's because when we started diving, we could only afford to buy two tanks and chose the 130's to give us the most options. I also dive an HP100 when I want a smaller cylinder (and am keeping my eye out for a 72 or something for dives where the 100/130 are way overkill).

For doubles, I use LP85's.

I also get the "isn't that a big tank for such a small diver?" comments from dive shops, other divers, and people who see me lugging them up and down the stairs and across the sand :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom