What the hell are we gonna do during the Olympics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions as to where we can dive while the Olympics are in town? :idk:

It's gonna be brutal to get around, let alone finding a place to dive that we can access easily.

Can you imagine what it'll be like getting spot checked while we're hauling large cylinders of compressed gas through town?

Come to think about it, I could clean the leaves out of my pool if we want something with good vis and awesome bottom times. :D

I'll trade you for that week. I'll watch you house and you can watch mine and enjoy my local quarries.:D

In Augusta, GA, the Masters' Golf tournement is held. People "hand over" their houses to agencies that rent them out for enormous sums of money for the week, while the owner goes on vacation.

Might you not do the same?

@paddler3d - uh, I'm good bro :wink:

@Jax - I live an hour from Vancouver and about 2 from Whistler, so I'm a bit out of the way for anyone to pay me a large sum for my home. For the most part, even those in Vancouver and Whistler haven't had a huge amount of success renting out their homes. Economy and all, me thinks.

I'm guessing our best chance will be the areas around Whytecliff - no Sea-to-Sky and no border crossing. Of course "best" is still probably awful...

I'll be sitting on my ass at home trying not to spend money.

it's destroying the aviation industry in the lower mainland.

I want to see VANOC tossed off the lionsgate.

Muck diving in the Fraser River?

Trout Lake?

bathtub.

fuq the Olympics....

I think I'm going to try a night dive, just to freak out 'The Man' :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom