What thickness undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anthony12

Reaction score
Well I finally have a dry suit:) I got hooked up with a new custom catalyst and rock boots...(didnt think about the undergarment). I am going to go with the softwear but have no idea on thickness. My average profile is in the 170-250 range (not for awhile now till i get this rig mastered). Should I consider thinsulate instead? I have a training class scheduled so need to get the underware pretty quick. I live in florida and the temp in the winter at my target depth is usually no colder than 60. was thinking the 200gram is that to light? Thanks in advance for any help...:confused:

I've got the SoftWear 200g and it's been fine for me in 60° down to about 54° diving off California with shorts and a tee shirt under. If it got much colder than that I would definitly go with the heavier 300g or thinsulate.

Dive in Scotland and use Weezle undersuits. If you can get them there they rock. Weezle exteme plus is supposed to be good enought o roast lobster in, lol.

i agree with mogwal. Weazel are the bomb!

The extreme plus might be a bit warm for summer use though if you plan on using the same wooly bear for both seasons. though you can be sure you won't be cold in the Winter.
Maybe look at the Extreme rather than the Extreme Plus.

I'd get a wooly bear thats suitable to your summer temperatures and just stick a good set of thermals on under it in the winter.

I have 4mm neoprene dry suit and 200g thinsulate undesuit from Bear. A bit to warm for now 14 * C , but just love it under ice:) .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom