What to bring to dutch springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grahams315

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys im new to diving and i am planning my first "dive trip" to dutch springs in the upcoming weeks with my girlfriend. We both have our own gear and will just be getting air fills while we are there diving. Besides spare equipment, what else do people bring to dutch? I was thinking a tarp or something to lay gear out on because ive heard picnic tables are hard to come by. Or any other suggestions for a first time trip there. Thanks alot guys
-Chris

Tarp is a good idea as it can be uncomfortable to get dirt and gunk in your wetsuit when tearing it off in the heat and humidity. Lunch is another good idea. A cooler with beverages and snacks (food and drinks are expensive at the snack shack). A nice chair or hammock for surface intervals.

Hi Grahams! Hope to see you up there. Here some useful things for Dutch. You will probably be able to snag a table but it may be in full sun, so be warned.

Tarp or mat for gear
cooler with ice and lots of water to drink
Sunscreen with high SPF
An ez-up or other shade is desirable
Towels
A grill is a nice end to a day there
Lunch
Sandals or flipflops

You don't actually need much, but those items make for a very comfortable day.

Introduce yourselves up there and make friends, everyone is extremely friendly.

+1 on bringing your own food. It's expensive there, and crap.

Tarp is a good idea. I think you can now pay on line and get your ticket and then pull your car right up to the gate instead of standing on-line to pay and then pulling in. Will make the difference between nabbing the end of a table and spreading out on the ground.

I think you can now pay on line and get your ticket and then pull your car right up to the gate instead of standing on-line to pay and then pulling in.

This is a good idea as the line is annoying... Just make sure you buy the tickets online more than 48 hours in advance. From someone who knows... :idk::D

Another good item to have is the detailed site map that's on the board here. Could someone not on an iPod post a link?

Cart of some kind to bring your tanks to fill station. Pop up shade of some kind, it nice to get out of the sun. Folding work bench, if you don't get a picnic table a small table to put tanks on makes gearing up a bit easier.Definitely a cooler packed with fluids and snacks. If you are staying for a night dive then a lantern would be nice for general task lighting. Don't forget to bring a book and a pen in case you meet some one you want to stay in touch with. and just in cash, cash, cash and more cash.

thanks alot guys. I dont have a large car, but i can fit a few ammenities in there. As for bringing cooler/grill/chairs are people respectful twords items left on the shore there? My girlfriend or I will stay with the gear as we fill tanks, but we can't when we are diving.

Here's the map... I recommend diving the island around the Cessna as extensively as possible... it really is a beautiful dive!

Attachments

• Dutch Springs Chart 10-2008 v3 low res.jpg
    Dutch Springs Chart 10-2008 v3 low res.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 188
As for bringing cooler/grill/chairs are people respectful twords items left on the shore there?

I leave about $10k worth of gear laying around there all the time. Never had a problem. Your cooler and chairs should be fine.

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom