What to do in San Jose Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
We are flying down to Costa Rica on March 27. The Aggressor picks us up on the 30th. What could we do for 3 days while staying at the hotel in San Jose?

Someone pointed us to some resort for 3 nights with excursions, but that was tacking ~$700 on to my trip. That's too much.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're there with a significant other, the Peace Lodge is the best money you will ever spend on a hotel in your life. About a 3h drive from San Jose. Not much to do in the city itself. Pick up a Lonely Planet at your bookstore and see what they have to say.

Well, there's white water rafting on the Rio Pacuare, but I would recommend doing that after you come back from Cocos Island (i.e. just in case you get pitched over into the rapids and lose your wallet/passport etc --or worse. . . !); there's also zipline tours through the jungle canopy which was kind of fun; or go surfing at Tamarindo Beach (although that's a major road trip to the northwest and the Nicoya Peninsula). . .

If you're a single male traveling unattached then definitely go to the Blue Marlin Bar/Hotel Del Rey. . .:eyebrow:

I would go with Kevrumbo suggestiona nd maybe look at rafting trips. You will have an incredible time and as mentioned before there isn't really anything to do in San Jose itself.

get out of the city and visit a sea turtle nesting beach. depends on time of year whether that is Pacific or Caribbean coast, check out PRETOMA.org web site for ideas.

Me and the guys planned on the zip lining. I guess I should be more accurate. We plan on staying in San Jose since that's where the Aggressor will pick up up.

While staying at a hotel in San Jose, are there tours that will take us out of the city?
Do we have to stay at a place out of Sane Jose?

Back
Top Bottom