What to do in Vegas..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don,

Just found this thread. Great report, thanks. I get to Vegas once in a while, but I'm not a big gambler-especially during the day. Your report gives me somewhere to go when my friends are at the tables.

dcostanza once bubbled...
Good evening.

After spending the last six weeks traveling I'm finally back to give the report I promised some new friends out in Vegas. (My humble apologies to Dave and Jerry as I had a number of items vying for my time since I got back in town.)

Best Regards
Don

I somehow missed this report when you initially posted it... nice writeup!

Hope to dive with you soon!

Bob

Great report. I'll have to remember them the next time I go to Vegas. After the obligatory trip to the Star Trek Experience of course. :wink:

And I can totally sympathize with getting stuck with someone whose buddy skills are somewhat lacking.

dcostanza once bubbled...
They even took some time to wrap my long hose and bungee necklace with a blue hose wrap. ( One of my DIR/F instructors had them and I thought they looked slick...plus I wanted to adhere to rule #2 about how good you look in the water)

I'm sure I've read here that hose wraps are frowned upon by DIR adherents. Did I misunderstand?

Marc :jester:

Don,
Thanks for the nice write up on our dive center and charter. My name is Willy and was the guy who did your hose wraps for you. When you do come back to Lost Wages to visit us there are a great many more sites that may interest you and your buddies that accompany you, we might even dive the other side of the dam for a drift dive if at all possible.

aquaman514

aquaman514,
Good to hear from you once again. I just try to pass along the good experiences I have in hopes that others may be able to benefit. Of all the shops I deal with / have dealt with around the country, you folks have a good thing going. As long as I'm wet I'm happy so I don't judge a shop by the underwater sites, I dial in to the service element and judge accordingly. Those hoses you wrapped has caused me to take some (friendly) "jabs" as "...not being DIR..." As I indicated to you, I'm confident with my masculinity and I think the blue looks pretty cool:mrcool:

I had a really good time diving with your shop and left with some good memories of the trip.

Are you part of the instructor team now? What about that project everyone was talking about regarding drift diving? Gotten approval yet? Not knowing if you want it to be publicly addressed I haven't mentioned the details here... Sounds as if it would make for quite a dive...what fun! Haven't heard about the "carp tournament" lately, any progress with getting a date set up?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...and welcome to the board.

Best Regards
Don
PS. Tell Jerry, Dave and Steve I wish them well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom