What to wear...under there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please ignore these fine gentlemen and wear a modest swim trunk that is comfortable and won't bunch up in your nether region . .

cuz some of us ladies don't care for the squirrel look and we definitely don't care for the 'i'm tarzan look at my vine' divers.
Form follows function.

It's not meant to look good, it's meant to be comfortable. YMMV.

I prefer to wear a "swim trunk" that fits close to the body like the swimmers are starting to wear. I usually take a pare of Adidas shorts to wear over them if I get out of my wet suite.

They are made by Scubapro, fit comfortably and don't bunch up, what more can you ask for? I try to keep other people in mind, like I said, by wearing a pair of soccer shorts over the swim trunk.

I guess you could compare them to boxer briefs, close fitting, you get the picture.

I wear Starter dri-star myself. I like it as it doesn't bunch up and it dries fast.

Under Armour compression shorts or similar.

I've thought Depends might make for a less urgent surface interval. On second thought, maybe that would work better in a drysuit. :D

Ladies present: Aeroskin shorts

Working dive or no ladies present: Wets suits work best when you go Commando, ask any surfer (plus there's less to rinse and dry later)

Please ignore these fine gentlemen and wear a modest swim trunk that is comfortable and won't bunch up in your nether region . .

cuz some of us ladies don't care for the squirrel look and we definitely don't care for the 'i'm tarzan look at my vine' divers.

:D

Squirrel look? What's that supposed to mean? :idk:

For me it's the Jammer style. The typical baggy swim trunks seem to ride up, and there's no solution when it all bunches up under the wetsuit. I wear nylon shorts over them on the surface.

Being a swimmer anyway I wear my jammers. Speedo, Tyr, Finis, Nike, Reebok all make them. They're available at sporting goods stores, especially right now for the seasonal stock-up. I have worn trunks under my wet suit and they bunched up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom