What to wear...under there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wore regular trunks for my quarry dives. They bunched. I'm getting square legged suit (think long speedo but shorter than jammers) for next time. I don't really care what others think when the wet suit comes off. Modesty is served as well as it needs to be.

Form follows function.

It's not meant to look good, it's meant to be comfortable. YMMV.

Yes but some people's forms need more function then others. . . :D

Squirrel look? What's that supposed to mean? :idk:

Please please please don't make me explain this one . . . . can one of the gentlemen please whisper to Abyssal what this means . . . :blinking:

Last edited:
Yes but some people's forms need more function then others. . . :D

Please please please don't make me explain this one . . . . can one of the gentlemen please whisper to Abyssal what this means . . . :blinking:

Men don't do that...he has to learn on his own.

I wear bike shorts (well the water version).. lycra long shorts...the fast dry ones.. so I don't have to change on the boat and can put shorts over them.

Your question needs to be more specific...full or shorty, thickness, etc.
Look under Equipment / Exposure Suits. This question has been asked many times.

I'm a big fan of wearing a dive skin under the wetsuit. It sure makes putting the suit on a whole lot easier, too...

35419-bigthumbnail.jpg
:D

Going to test the ability to ask a question "without fear of being accosted"!:D

Having never worn a wetsuit, what do you wear underneath? Do guys typically wear a "euro style" suit (aka, the grape smugglers or banana hammocks)?

Can you wear normal swim trunks or board shorts?

Anyone have any comments on comfort or fit wearing a normal trunk-style bathing suit?

Are there other undergarments made specifically for wet suits?

When I dove wet I wore ordinary swim trunks until I learned some techniques for changing into a suit in the nude so I could go commando. Commando is definitely the way to go IMO.

With the 'stretchability' of the modern wetsuit, trunks are fine. Smooth them out once you get it over you posterior. With older wetsuits (think tire sidewalls) this really wasn't an option.

Of course, the whole problem can be eliminated by switching to a dry suit...

Mike

Swimsuit! Easy to change out of, rinse and dry; especially good on liveaboards. Don't worry what others think. It comes down to comfort.

I usually just wear normal bathing shorts (make sure to straight it all out before pulling on the top half and zipping up) or tight boxer shorts underneath. Im not there for a fashion show anyways am I?

Back
Top Bottom