What trips do you have planned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn:
Perhaps if we post some of our trip plans, we can run into one another.

Personally, I am going to have one of the most thoroughly saturated springs and early summers of my life. (I am anticipating some envy, frankly.)

February 26-March 11 - Thailand, including six days on a liveaboard.

March 22-31 - Pompano Beach, Florida. OK, I will be working most of the time, but I expect to explore a few wrecks.

March 31-April 3 - Key Largo. This is concentrated diving.

June 26-July 13 - An ABC adventure. Six days in Aruba, a week in Bonaire, and four days in Curacao.

Wow! I need to get a job where you work! how do you get so much vacation?

Upcoming trips for me:
----------------------
A few days in the Bamahas in June
A few days in Key Largo in July.
Maybe I can scrounge together some extra time and money for the Tortugas in May.
Hopefully a few days in the FL panhandle.
A few days in the local Quarry!

mike_s:

53rd DAN Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Course
Little Cayman, West Indies 4/9/05-4/16/05 ???
Belize May14-21
Wednesday and Friday Nite Local Dives
Fire/Rescue Dive Exercises July 15-17
Fire/Rescue Dive Exercises Aug 19-21

My current list....

Paul in VT

Belize (just got back from 8 days in January)
Ft Lauderdale & Miami - 2 trips in Feb
St Croix - April
St Lucia - November
Cayman - December

I know - I've got to work on those summer destinations (golf & work gets in way though...)!

Leaving next week with the Airstream for Florida. Spending at least the 12th - 19th in Marathon, with some dives from Key Largo. Checking out some dive centers there and FLL to do IDC this summer. We'll visit my sister-in-law in High Springs and do a "gear rinse" in Ginnie Springs. Thinking about going to Cayman Brac and GC for a week each in March - it's just so close. Then there's the all too infrequent trips to L.A. and the dayboats to Catalina and Anacapa.

When your lovely new wife hears about the great time you and your brother had in Coz, you will be at home watching the goldfish while your wife is at Playa this summer!! :cwmddd:

Looking forward to those GREAT wreck dives!! I hear on a good day, you can actually FIND the plane. :eyebrow:

L8R,
Ron

dimitrik:
Wow, that is quite the list. I'm starting my OW Class and Pool training next weekend and then off to Cozumel April 14-18 with the LDS for my checkout dives. Based on the trip itenerary it looks like we will be doing at least 3 dives a day. I can't wait.

After that, i'm looking at a couple of wreck dives at Aurora Res :wink: to get me through to July/August when we do our family vacation in Mexico. Hopefully I can talk my non diving wife into Coz again, but Playa is probably where we will end up.

mike_s:

!

I get 5 weeks a year free and time-for-time for any overtime I work (usually works out to another 2-3 weeks for me). In Europe that's pretty common. It's one of the nice things about living here.

R..

2 weeks from now - Belize
March - San Diego
April - NJ (okay it's my sister's wedding, but I'll get a couple of dives in while I'm there)
May - Florida (mainly the springs/caverns, but also a couple of days in Ft Lauderdale
June - either Mexico or San Diego, haven't decided yet
July/August - back to NJ
September - either Mexico or San Diego again
October/November - probably back to Florida
December - stuck here diving the manmade desert lakes

Diver0001:
I get 5 weeks a year free and time-for-time for any overtime I work (usually works out to another 2-3 weeks for me). In Europe that's pretty common. It's one of the nice things about living here.

R..

ah... didn't realize you were from Europe. When I used to work for a company that had lots of European offices I remember talking to them about how much vacation they got. Most got 5 or 6 weeks!! That would be great! (however, then I'd have to figure out a way to work overtime to pay for the extra vacations I'd want to take).

In the US, typically with most companies you "start" with 2 weeks of vacation (or the ability to accrue 2 weeks over your first year). Some companies offer a little more, like 3 weeks and some offer none to start. As your years of service go up, you get an extra week or extra few days but typically after 5 and 10 years service with the company.

enojy all those dives!

-mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom